Cuckoo is a productivity timer for remote teams. It is develloped by Startaê, a Brazilian team of designers and developers.
It’s a productivity timer, you can create a timer, share it with your team and then have more productive meetings. The tool was launched on the 7th of October and we are sure more improvements will come! Right now it’s pretty simple to use, you only have to create a shareable link, then choose a working session time (from 5 to 25 minutes) and…you’re ready to go! It’s based on the Pomodoro technique, which means you are supposed to use the timer to break your work into focused time blocks (usually 25 minutes), separated by a 5-minute break. After 4 consecutive working time blocks, you can take a longer break (but not longer than 15-20 minutes).It’s very useful to track the time working on a project/task.
App type / Devices/ OS:
- Nothing, you don’t even need to log in.
- It’s very intuitive and easy to use.
- You can invite the whole team working on a project at a time by simply sharing the URL you’ve created with them.
- Really easy to use website.
- Not clear enough that you can choose working sessions longer than 25 minutes.
- More functionalities could be added.
Do you consider it essential to:
- Get the most of the time spent on a task and keep a track of your working sessions.
How often do you use it?:
Do you know a competitor?:
- Tom A Toist.
It can substitute:
- Checking the time spent on a task or a project manually.
Does it allow you to save time?:
- Definitely, you are more focused on what you’re doing and don’t lose time by checking manually how much you’ve worked.
Is it easy to use?:
- Really easy to use, you just set up as a team and send the link with the whole team.
Why do you recommend it?:
- Track the working sessions and pauses.