Thanks to the growing popularity of remote work and the digital nomad lifestyle, there are now loads of fantastic resources out there to help you make the most of this unique way of living. We’ve compiled some of the best into one place to give you instant access to advice on every aspect of working remotely:
1. Becoming a Digital Nomad
If you’re interested in taking the first steps to becoming a digital nomad (working remotely while traveling), these articles give you a warts-and-all view of nomad life along with some helpful starting points:
- 8 Ways to Make Money as a Digital Nomad by Entrepreneur – want to be a digital nomad, but not sure how to earn money? This article has plenty of inspiration.
- How to Become a Digital Nomad by Webworktravel – from the skills you need to some of the practical steps to take, this useful piece tells you how to set yourself up as a digital nomad.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Becoming a Digital Nomad & Travelling the World While You Work by Unsettle – this post busts some myths about digital nomad life and has more detailed suggestions for choosing this lifestyle.
- 6 Steps: How to Get a Remote Job This Weekend (Ultimate Guide) by Ryan Robinson – an actionable step by step guide to get your first remote based job, including jobs resources.
- Resources for Digital Nomads by Legal Nomads – a bumper list of useful resources organised by different ways of becoming a digital nomad, from freelance writing to coworking spaces.
- Women Digital Nomads – a fantastic resource for women taking on the digital nomad lifestyle.
2. The Keys of Working Remotely
Remote working isn’t without its challenges, but these posts have loads of useful tips to make it easier:
- Remote Work Research You Can’t Afford to Miss by Dan Hoppen – if you’re looking to make the case for remote work, take a look at this research.
- Why Great Teams Embrace Remote Work by Trello – download this guide for everything you need to know about remote working, including actionable advice for making a success of it.
- How to Grow, Manage and Work with Remote Teams by Zapier – if you’re running or working as part of a remote team while you’re living the digital nomad life, you won’t want to miss downloading this guide to remote work.
- The Ultimate Remote Guide for Digital Nomads & Location Independent Professionals by Nomad Pass – contains lots of useful apps and other resources to make remote working go smoothly.
- The Complete Guide to Working On A Remote Team by Megan Berry – advice on how to be an effective remote worker and collaborate with remote colleagues.
- How To Manage Remote Employees by Corinne Purtill – a useful piece with practical suggestions for running your own team of remote workers.
- Managing Remote Teams – A Crash Course by Andreas Klinger – how to set a distributed company? Criteria, setups and considerations.
- Working Remotely: A Complete Guide to Turn You Into a Pro by Alexandra Cote – a complete reference to start working remotely, from pros and cons to tips for effective remote work, and companies hiring remotely.
3. Keeping your Productivity as a Digital Nomad
Productivity can be challenging when you’re often on the move. These articles give you insider tips on maximising your productivity when you’re living the digital nomad lifestyle:
- 23 Productivity Tips for Digital Nomads by Buffer – including crowdsourced tips from real digital nomads.
- 15 Essential Productivity Apps That Every Digital Nomad Needs by Wifi Tribe – these apps will help you work effectively as a digital nomad.
- Stay Productive On the Go – the Top 20 Tools for Digital Nomads by Lifehack – even more useful tools for digital nomad life, from tools to help you work out the cost of living to apps to help you stay in touch.
- 9 Secrets to Maximizing Your Productivity as a Digital Nomad by Digital Insider – practical productivity tips tailored to those who travel while they work.
4. Life as a Digital Nomad: Destinations, cost of living, health insurance…
As a digital nomad, the world is your oyster. These posts give you loads of inspiration for destinations that work for nomads, as well as some of the practical arrangements needed for this lifestyle:
- 30 Destinations for Digital Nomads – the best places to live and work remotely by Chris the Freelancer – a compilation of great destinations by a digital nomad who’s been there, seen it and done it.
- 52 Best Digital Nomad Destinations To Go in 2018 by Tomas Laurinavicius – a crowdsourced list compiled by 30 digital nomads, picked for various factors including unique experiences, fast internet and a nomad-friendly budget.
- How To Calculate Your Cost of Living as a Digital Nomad by Full Time Nomad – keeping track of costs is vital as a digital nomad, and this post tells you how.
- What Digital Nomads Need to Know About Travel & Work Visas by Remoters.net – which countries can you visit without requesting a visa? How long can you stay without one? can you work while you’re there? Answer these questions and more with this post.
- Top International Health Insurance Options for Digital Nomads by Remoters.net – our guide to the best health insurance designed for people who travel while they work.
- Top Mobile Hotspots for Digital Nomads: Keep connected to work when traveling around the world by Remoters.net – some of the best options to keep connected to the internet when traveling internationally and be able to work on the go.
- 10 European Coworking Spaces Perfect for Startups by Remoters.net – if you’re going to be a digital nomad in Europe, check out our guide to some of the best coworking spaces across the Continent.
Read more advice on how to work remotely and succeed digital nomad with our handy How-To Guides.