The Top Remote Work Conferences in 2020
As you might know, remote work has been growing at a very fast pace. An increasing number of people is interested in this innovative way of working and, as such, there’s an equally increasing need for useful resources on the topic.
These resources can come in all shapes and forms: from blog articles to videos, social media posts, podcasts, or even… conferences!
A remote work and digital nomad conference is an event where digital nomads, entrepreneurs, and freelancers can learn about certain topics that will help them overcome the challenges that come with working from home, debunk myths about this way of work, learn useful tips and tricks, and most of all, enrichen their career.
That alone explains why this type of conference can be so beneficial for remote workers but, believe it or not, there are even more advantages.
Why Should You Attend a Remote Work Conference?
First and foremost, you should attend this type of conferences because more often than not, you’ll leave with new insights on remote work, which will change (read, improve) the way you work.
Secondly, because it is a great place for you to interacting with people. And not just any people - professionals who you have at least one thing in common with! This is great for two reasons:
- Networking purposes. Yes, we know ‘networking’ has become one of the most overused words ever, but it is still essential for remote workers and digital nomads. Not only will the people you meet at these conferences be able to give you useful advice, but you might even find new professional opportunities.
- For your social life. When it comes to remote working, loneliness is one of the biggest challenges, and attending these conferences is a foolproof way of overcoming it. You might even end up making friends for life!
What Are the Different Types of Remote Work Conferences?
If you’ve already explored this page a bit, you might have noticed that there are many different kinds of events you can attend.
There are physical conferences all over the world, so if you’re a digital nomad who’s always on the go, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on what’s happening in the countries that you visit. However, if you’re not a traveller, don’t worry, there are also plenty of virtual conferences.
Besides that, you’ll find both free and paid remote work conferences. If you have the means to pay, it is definitely worth it. If you’re just starting your remote career or if you’re going through a rough patch, a free conference might just be where you’ll find your first (or next) project!
Lastly, you’ll find conferences for different targets and, as such, about different topics. You might find, for instance, conferences:
- For beginners or remote work veterans.
- For digital nomads, teams, remote workers, or expats.
- For specific industries.
- For specific demographics.
So, are you excited to go to your first-ever remote work conference? Scroll up to learn about all the remote work and digital nomad conferences happening this year, and don’t forget to leave a review after you attend your event of choice!