Name: IMG Travel Insurance
Web: IMG Insurance Plans
IMG Travel Insurance: A Review for Digital Nomads and Long-Term Travelers
Travelling is one of the many ways to recharge and replenish your soul. Who doesn’t like to discover new cities, explore the rare alleys, munch on eclectic cuisine, and interact with people from different corners of the world, right? However, travel insurance is one aspect many travelers don’t consider.
Travel insurance is what helps in protecting the money you invest in your travels. It takes care of the medical bills when you’re traveling overseas, and ensures that your trip isn’t punctured in any way. If you’re someone who loves traveling and is looking for efficient travel insurance to go for, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’re going to review the specific travel insurance packages offered by IMG for remote workers and digital nomads so that you can see if this is what you wish to go for.
What is IMG? What are the Benefits Provided by IMG?
With 338 employees currently on board, IMG has served members in over 190 countries. Having been in the industry for more than 25 years, they believe in helping their members worry as little as possible by providing them the support and protection they need and deserve. This award-winning provider of global insurance and travel insurance benefits aims to provide numerous advantages to its clients and travelers.
- IMG has a global reach that allows them to work without any barriers. Their team consists of international and multilingual specialists who work in multiple languages, time zones, and currencies, thereby allowing you to have all the support you need whenever required.
- The company has a secure, 24-hour online portal for the customers to submit and view their claims, manage their account, chat with the representatives, and much more.
- IMG offers financial security to anyone traveling abroad through its A-rated Sirius International Insurance Corporation and the underwriters at Lloyd’s, among other elements.
- IMG understands the need for medical attention internationally as well, which is why they have on-site medical staff members who provide you with around-the-clock access to emergency medical services and treatments.
- Offers fewer travel insurance package plans
- Low AD&D maximums
- The package plans are not too comprehensive
Different Travel Insurance Packages from IMG
IMG offers several travel insurance packages. They’re as listed below:
This medical insurance is for those travelling outside their home country. The maximum limits are $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000, and the individual deductible options are $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, and $2,500. The maximum limit for dental treatment is $300, and $1,000,000 for an emergency medical evaluation. The maximum limit for an emergency reunion is $100,000.
There is also additional coverage involved. The first one is the Adventure Sports Rider available for the individuals up to the age of 65. The activities covered under this include skydiving, whitewater kayaking, windsurfing, wildlife safaris, paragliding, hot air ballooning, canyoning, bungee jumping, bobsledding, and jungle zip-lining, among others. The maximum limit in this case for those till the age of 49 is $50,000. For those between 50-59, the maximum limit is $30,000, and for those aged between 60-64, it is $15,000.
For those up to the age of 65, there’s the Evacuation Plus Rider additional coverage. It provides coverage on situations that call for emergency evacuations for sudden medical cases that require hospitalization.
Patriot Travel Medical Insurance Highlights
- Travel medical insurance for individuals, families, and groups
- Renewable up to 24 months
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Maximum limits from $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Coverage for medical expenses, evacuation, and repatriation
See more information or get a quote directly: Patriot Travel Medical Insurance.
The Global Medical Insurance is a long-term (1+ year) insurance that’s annually renewable and takes care of your medical costs and issues when you’re traveling internationally. This insurance provides you with several plan options, enabling you to customize the length and area of coverage. You also have the option of choosing from multiple modes of payments and deductibles.
There are four different plans available for this insurance, namely bronze, silver, gold, and platinum, and each of them provide a lifetime maximum limit of $1,000,000 per individual, $5,000,000 per individual, $5,000,000 per individual, and $8,000,000 per individual respectively. The respective deductibles for each package are $250 to $10,000, $250 to $10,000, $250 to $25,000, and $100 to $25,000.
Some of the benefits included in this package are hospitalization, intensive care unit, surgery, chemotherapy/radiation, maternity, transplants, physical therapy, child preventive care, emergency evacuation, emergency reunion, traumatic dental injury, and prescription coverage.
Also consider the Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance that offers accidental death benefits, dismemberment benefits, and term life insurance benefits. For employees based in the U.S., they can consider the GEO Platinum USA Benefits Rider to receive 100% coverage for preventive services and unlimited lifetime maximum benefits.
Global Medical Insurance Highlights
- Long-term (1+ year) comprehensive worldwide medical insurance for individuals and families
- Annually renewable medical coverage
- Deductible options from $100 to $25,000
- Maximum limit options from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000
See more information or get a quote directly: Global Medical Insurance.
This insurance provides a worldwide benefits program for groups that contain two or more internationally assigned employees. It offers a base plan along with options of additional coverage. This package is comprehensive and also customizable, aimed to provide some much-needed peace of mind to the multinational employers when their employees travel to different places.
The maximum lifetime benefit per person for this insurance is $50,000 – $8,000,000, where the deductible per calendar year is between $0 – $25,000. Some of the services included for the group members in this package are assistance with lost luggage, emergency message relay, legal referrals, medical referrals, embassy or consulate referrals, emergency travel arrangements, emergency prescription replacement, assistance with lost passport and travel documents, 24-hour medical monitoring, emergency translations, and emergency cash transfer. The maximum limit per person for acupuncture, magnetic therapy, herbal therapy, massage therapy, aromatherapy, and vitamin therapy is $150, $75, $50, $150, $50, and $100, respectively.
GEO Group Highlights
- Comprehensive, employer-sponsored group health insurance for internationally assigned employees
- Life, dental and daily indemnity coverage
- Full group takeover and replacement provision
- COBRA and HIPAA like options
- Enhanced benefit option for U.S.-based employers
See more information or get a quote directly: GEOSM Group.
Now that you’re aware of the different travel insurance packages offered by IMG, what do you think of them? They offer several options for different scenarios along with the option to customize certain plans and are definitely worth the investment.
Disclosure: Any of the links on Remoters.net are affiliate links from which we receive a commission from sales of certain items. We also participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com or endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
No reviews yet.
Other similar tools in Insurance
|SafetyWing Review||Two comprehensive insurance packages for digital nomads and long-term travelers.|
|Allianz Care International Review||Allianz Care review: check the plans, coverage options, pros and cons, and comparing them to...|
|World Nomads Review||World Nomads has individually catered plans customized to meet your needs no matter where the...|