William Alvarez is a Digital Marketing Consultant, owner of Conversion Action LLC and THRYAD Interactive. You can find him in Twitter or his blog.
1. Which are the main advantages that you find by working remotely?
Productivity and inspiration.
2. Do you think you have disadvantages or that you’re missing something by working remotely?
Sometimes, depending on the location, a reliable Internet connection.
3. From which cities or countries have you worked from since you have become a digital nomad? Which is your favorite one?
Cartagena, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro, Paris, Medellín, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles. My favorite is Cartagena because is hometown.
4. From which type of place do you prefer to work from? Coworking spaces, coffee shops or others? Do you have any specific place?
Coffee shops, hotels pool bars and a marina.
5. Which places would you like to travel to -from where you would enjoy and work from- as a digital nomad?
Anywhere really. As long as I have reliable Internet, good food, good weather, nice people and a nice view.
6. What would you say to the companies that don’t believe on hiring employees who work remotely?
It’s the present and the future. Stop paying for the high cost of collocation!
7. Which tools do you use to work remotely?
My laptop only. Skype, Slack, Trello, BaseCamp, my iPhone, iPad.
8. How do you manage your business and taxes?
In the US, most of my income is in the US, and even if I get income abroad I have to report it here. It’s the tax law. I have a very good CPA.
9. What advice would you give to people looking to become a digital nomad and work remotely?
Pursue your dreams, stop being an employee, be happy.
Other similar interviews in Remoters
|Interview to Esteve Castells Calpe||Flexibility for everyone is very important, especially for people with kids but not limited to....|
|Interview to Lois Weinblatt||Lois Weinblatt is a Visioning coach, expert, and facilitator in True North Visionaries.|
|Interview to Casey McGuigan||In the wake of the pandemic, our company went home thinking we would be there...|
|Interview to Jingyansu Choudhury||Jingyansu Choudhury is the CEO and Founder of RebelLink, and you can find him on...|
|Interview with Rachel Heller|