Advanced SEO Manager in FINE
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: March 1st, 2021
Job closing date: March 27th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Country(ies): United States of America (USA)
Important skills: Content marketing, Google Analytics, Holistic SEO copywriting, In-Depth SEO Background, keyword research
Years of Experience: 5+As an SEO Manager at FINE, your deep background in, and passion for, delivering results-driven, strategic digital approaches will make you an important part of our team. You’ll bring a strong understanding of search engine optimization best practices and how to balance these tactics with business priorities and brand experience. If you aren’t into authentic, ethical SEO and content, you’re probably not right for this gig. Fighting for a position on the internet is only one aspect of marketing and your aim will be not just driving traffic, but helping companies achieve meaningful traction with the customers that matter most. In short, you can create, test, analyze, and refine until we have a strongly performing site converting visitors into valuable customers.
- SEO METADATA: Write custom title tags and meta description tags that integrate SEO keywords while also appealing to users. Keep track of how different keywords are being targeted and optimized across hundreds of different pages. Description tags in particular are where we’ll be seeking copywriting creativity and finesse.
- SEO COPYWRITING: Organize content edits across dozens to 100s of website pages, suggesting where keywords could be worked into existing website copy in a way that does not compromise brand messaging or user experience.
- CONTENT LOADING: Load approved changes to a content management system (Wordpress or FAE), double-checking for accuracy and successful deployment.
- FINE BUILD CONSULTING: From website discovery to pre-launch validation, vet in-development FINE websites for SEO best practices in website architecture and search accessibility, with a goal to not only preserve existing organic traffic but ideally improve it.
- SEO AUDITS: Complete comprehensive SEO audits of non-FINE websites which we may be working with during any interim period, and help clients prioritize and implement recommendations.
- SEO ANALYSIS & REPORTING: Work within pre-existing, pre-designed Google Data Studio templates (if you’re familiar with Google Analytics this should be intuitive to learn) to create reports that identify action items and tell a clear story about organic performance
- KEYWORD RESEARCH: Create highly organized, carefully researched groups of keywords. Benchmark initial performance and evaluate pre/post performance.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT / CLIENT SUPPORT: Guide SEO projects from start to finish, and comprehensively support clients via phone and email.
- CONTENT STRATEGY: Identify opportunities and gaps in website content based on intel from keyword research and analytics tools.
- Experience writing holistic Title & Meta description tags that are creative, differentiating, and respectful of brand voice.
- Ability to delicately incorporate keywords into existing content, without compromising user experience or brand voice.
- Ability to keep detailed track of and optimize how different keywords are being targeted across hundreds of different pages
- Comprehensively support SEO clients via phone and email, guiding them through project milestones (including items we need client feedback on), explaining the SEO process, and more.
- Ability to juggle several different projects at once.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
SEO Tools - Deep familiarity with:
- Screaming Frog
- Google Analytics (organic traffic and conversions)
- Google Search Console / Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google MyBusiness
- Authority Labs or a comparable keyword position tracking tool
- Moz.com (or comparable tools) that evaluate incoming links, website authority, keyword volume, and more.
- Bonus points for Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio
- Ability to create highly specific, organized lists of target keywords based on client goals and existing website content
- Understanding of short tail of vanity terms vs. the long tail of search
- Select terms not only on volume, but other factors such as search landscape, conversion potential, existing data in GA or GSC, ease of website integration, and more
- Familiarity with keyword maps that organize key attributes and descriptors
SEO Basics & Ranking Factors
- 5+ years experience in SEO
- Deep knowledge of organic ranking factors and algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Familiarity with schema.org for local business, events, products, recipes, etc.
- Familiarity with robots.txt and meta robots directives
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and solve issues with website spidering, indexation, and traffic
- Experience in collaborating with developers and designers to provide SEO recommendations
- Problem-solving prowess: SEO frequently presents new issues we may not have an immediate answer to, and can require advanced troubleshooting to find a fix.
- Experience in guiding websites through a redesign
Benefits and Perks
This is a contract-to-hire role. Once a contractor converts to a full time employee, benefits are provided.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Project Manager job opening is for our Portland, Oregon office, with the potential to work remotely within the United States. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q4 2020, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.