Associate Content Strategist in Local SEO Guide
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|July 31st, 2021||From 3,000 US$ - 5,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|North america||Copywriting, editing, Google Sheets, Basic SEO Knowledge||3+|
Job descriptionWe’re looking for an associate content strategist to join Local SEO Guide’s growing content team. This job operates at the intersection of SEO and editorial. This is a junior position, but there is room for career growth here! We need someone whose main role is to support the content team by researching and producing content briefs, and editing copy we produce for clients. This is an editing-heavy role. You’ll use keyword research to produce content ideas (blogs, articles, guides, and on-site copy), and then make actionable recommendations for how clients and writers can use them. This role reports to our Director of Content. You’ll work closely with our content team to align SEO recommendations and copy with our clients’ needs. Our current client industries include B2B SaaS, media/publishing, ecommerce/retail, automotive, lead generation/marketing, and more.
Who this job would be great for:Anyone who has an interest in helping grow the content department of an SEO agency, and learning how to improve editorial + SEO research processes. Maybe you’re a journalist, editor, or content writer, and you want to apply your skills to driving clients’ organic search traffic. Or maybe you’re an SEO who wants to grow into a content strategist or senior editor-type role.
What you’ll do:
- Research and write content briefs that clients and freelance writers will use to produce writing
- Manage editorial calendars using software like Google Sheets, Notion, or Asana
- Edit short- and long-form writing for grammar, accuracy, clarity, punctuation, readability, length, and structure
- Manage editorial workflows and reporting for multiple clients (i.e. keeping revisions and other milestones moving, updating URL tracking and status)
- Contribute to developing editorial strategies that align with client goals
- Write title tags, H1s, meta descriptions, and copywriting revisions on content including land page copy, blogs, and other editorial content.
- Occasionally assist in communicating with clients (or client-facing internal account managers)
- Monitor the progress of our content production
- Identify ways to use keyword research to improve clients’ websites
What you’ll already have:
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills
- Experience applying editorial style guidelines (from AP Style to branded in-house style guides)
- Meticulous attention to detail—double spaces, missing periods, and poor formatting keep you up at night
- Confidence in your editorial judgment—you can communicate why changes should be made, not just fix errors or tweak copy
- How to identify the thought leaders, authorities, and top content in a range of industries, especially B2B/SaaS, technology and e-commerce
- Basic understanding of HTML (know how to use headings to structure content)
- A knack for troubleshooting and finding solutions for content strategies
- Comfort with spreadsheets and basic filtering/data manipulation (Google Sheets/Excel)
Nice to have, but not dealbreakers:
- Experience using SEO tools including Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs
- A background in journalism, writing, editing, content marketing, or digital content management
Benefits and Perks
- Salary: $50,000
- LSG pays 100% of your health insurance premiums + up to $1,000/year in healthcare reimbursements
- Unlimited Paid Vacation + the whole team takes the last week of the year off + all federal holidays
- Paid travel 2x/year to our LSG “retreats” (we all get together in a fun city)
- $1,000 home office allowance
- 10% commissions on any business you bring in, if you are into making it rain
- 4% matching 401k program + up to 10% performance bonus + profit sharing
- Matching donations to your favorite charities
Interested? Apply now!
You have until July 31st, 2021 to apply.
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.