Backend Engineer (PHP) Freelance in LoveToKnow Media
Salary Range: Between 1,000 and 3,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: April 7th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Continent(s): Africa, Central or South America, Europe
Years of Experience: 3+Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 50M users per month. You will be helping support, maintain, and improve an extensive content website with 1000s of pages and a large editorial staff. This is a Backend Developer (PHP - Symphony) position--you will be implementing design changes, updating the site admin and editing tools, writing data processing scripts, and integrating 3rd party components (e.g. advertising, social media). Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager. This role is for a project lasting 6 months.
About the Role:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Collaborate with other developers working on this site and other projects utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, design, data, revenue, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience with Symfony, Doctrine, jQuery, Google Analytics, Vagrant, Hudson, Phing, Docker, or Google Closure Compiler a plus (nice to have).
- Fluent in multiple programming languages and interest in learning new technologies.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years engineering web sites and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
Benefits and Perks
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.