Bookkeeper in MIEDS
Job Published on: August 27th, 2020
Job closing date: September 14th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: North america - CanadaThe Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS) is an organization that provides leadership in economic development initiatives undertaken by the five communities of Village of Masset, Village of Port Clements, Village of Queen Charlotte, and Skeena-Queen Charlotte Regional District Electoral Areas D & E in the Haida Gwaii region in partnership with other local governments and nonprofits. MIEDS is seeking a Quickbooks online expert to implement and manage the bookkeeping process for the organization. This is a part-time contract position that can be performed remotely.
Required Background:A proven track record of successful performance in:
- Demonstrated skills in non-profit organizational bookkeeping
- An expert level use of Quickbooks Online within the last two years
- Experience setting up integration of bank accounts, credit cards, and online credit card payments within Quickbooks online
- History of successfully managing bookkeeping for a non-profit grant funded organization
- Knowledge of the BC Societies Act
- A general can-do attitude
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating a positive environment for clients and staff.
Job Duties include:
- Budget tracking internal to Quickbooks
- Maintain up to date financial records and financial reports for the organization
- Create and manage both outgoing and incoming financial transitions
- Reconcile finances monthly at a minimum
- Maintain orderly and up to date filing of all relevant electronic financial documents
- Managing CRA sales tax collection and payment
- Prepare financial reports for the board of directors in consultation with the Executive Director
- Prepare financial reports for grant funding organizations
- Financial collections as necessary
- Attend meetings as needed
- Ability to deliver promised outcomes in agreed-upon time frames
- Additional financial duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.