Business Development Manager in Forde Baker
Job Published on: November 12th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: Europe - United Kingdom (UK)
The RoleWe are looking for a highly-capable and ambitious person to lead our business development strategy. The right candidate will have a track record of generating leads within the consumer product sector and preferably marketing agency experience. This role will suit someone who is looking to set up and take ownership of a sales funnel. You will have an excellent grounding in lead generation and sales outreach and an ambition to test yourself as the person who is ultimately responsible for the agency’s sales strategy. We have recently secured VC funding to embark on a rapid acceleration of our client base and to expand our services. This role is central to our ability to capitalise on this funding and the excellent foundations that have been built since we launched in March 2019. The role is suited to someone that loves responsibility, accountability and delivering results. You will be creative, entrepreneurial and always finding ways to drive growth.
- Identify potential leads, outreach and nurture these leads to book meetings for the CEO
- Working with the marketing team to amplify our activity, promoting content and targeting leads with relevant collateral.
- Follow up on any leads generated through content, live chat, email marketing or events and build relationships with these contacts.
- Work alongside internal teams to develop their lead generating capabilities
- Work with the senior team to coordinate materials for pitches and proposal literature.
- Book and attend new business meetings with prospective clients.
- Follow and understand industry news and trends, gain an understanding of the opportunities these present for outreach and lead engagement.
- Work well independently, scheduling calls and meetings at the appropriate time with leads and contacts.
- Maintain the CRM – updating this daily, working alongside internal teams to ensure all leads are recorded accurately, and regular follow ups take place.
Experience and Characteristics
- At least 3 years business development experience
- It is essential that you have worked in a sales capacity within consumer products sector
- A strong understanding of marketplaces and ecommerce
- Strong multitasker, able to manage multiple leads and opportunities at once.
- Agency experience is not essential, but would be preferred
- A love of learning
- Not afraid to try things
- Embrace challenges
- Instinct to act
What Does the Agency Do?We provide a full-service offering to fully manage the entire operation of selling on Amazon. Our clients are product brands that are selling on Amazon. They are mostly consumer products though we do have B2B clients. Clients are based in the UK, mainland Europe and the United States. Our clients are active in a wide range of sectors including skincare, office supplies, nutrition, alcohol, medical devices and toys. Presently, we’re a small team but thanks to our successful funding we have big growth plans.
Working at FordeBakerThe role is open to anyone in any location. The only limitation is that you must be available to speak with clients in the US, UK and mainland Europe during their normal working hours. There are no set hours and no control over where you work. Everyone works remotely and manages their own schedules. This is an opportunity to do your best work and take control of your work-life balance. We will communicate via Slack and Google Meet. UK based employees will be expected to travel to regular face-to-face meetings (when the pandemic is over).
BenefitsThe benefits come from getting in early, influencing the agency’s long-term growth and growing with the business. You will also have exposure to many other aspects of ecommerce and the opportunity to broaden your skillset. If you want certainty, a fancy office and lots of ancillary benefits then this isn’t the right role for you. Salary is dependent on experience. The remuneration will be a mix of base salary plus commission.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Freedom to work where you want and when you want
Interested? Apply now!
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role, especially why you’re interested in joining a young agency, and what makes you a good fit to take on that challenge.
We will not consider people that do not provide a tailored cover letter.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.