Community and Events Manager in Seedstars
Job Published on: February 8th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereAre you passionate about startups and want to play an important role in developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem, and then transition to a global role?
Who we areSeedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars WorldSeedstars World is the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets through which we source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. Every year it’s reuniting over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, media/press and government agencies in over 70 events worldwide, + 5 regional summits and a global summit taking place in Lausanne, Switzerland.
About the jobThis job is for you if you are excited about traveling almost non-stop for 8 months to scout for the best tech startups in a specific region (Asia, Latin America, Africa, CEE and Middle East & North Africa). You will organise pitching events (with the help of local ambassadors), and interact with the most active startup ecosystem builders in each country, from corporates, to governments, startups, mentors and investors. You will travel in a team of 2 people most of the times, and get support from your regional manager and the entire global team.
- You will be responsible for the production of local events (on average 15 city events) from conception through to completion.
- On day-to-day, your responsibilities will run from organising (logistics, sourcing of mentors, relationship with Seedstars Ambassadors and local partners, etc.) to managing the local pitching events in the region (MCing);
- The setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every local event;
- Since you will be on the ground meeting with key local players, you will play a crucial role in the overall business development and sales process.
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English.
- Previous event organisation experience is a MUST
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about travelling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our team members say they love working with us
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
Interested? Apply now!
To apply, please go on our website here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.