Community Events Manager (MENA) in Seedstars
Job Published on: May 23rd, 2019
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereAre you looking to join an impact-driven organisation, travel all across MENA and help us scout for the best tech startups in the region? Then this job is perfect for you!
Who we areSeedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs. About Seedstars World Seedstars World is the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets through which we source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. Every year it’s reuniting over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, media/press and government agencies in over 70 events worldwide, + 5 regional summits and a global summit taking place in Lausanne, Switzerland.
About the jobThis job is for you if you are excited about traveling almost non-stop for 6 months to scout for the best tech startups in the region. You will organise various pitching and training events and interact with the most active startup ecosystem builders in each country, from corporates, to governments, startups, mentors and investors. Most of the time, you will travel together with our Venture Capital Analyst, and get support from the extended regional team, our local ambassadors and the entire global team. Key responsibilities
- You will become the key community builder for the Seedstars network in the region
- You will be responsible for the production of approximately 15 training and pitching events from conception through to completion
- On a day-to-day, your responsibilities will run from organising (logistics, relationship with local partners, selection of jury & mentors, etc) to managing the events in the region
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every local event
- Since you will be on the ground, meeting with key local players, you will play a crucial role in the overall business development and network building process
- You are passionate about community events, startups and the impact they can have on emerging markets
- You love the flexibility & international exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- You have a strong attention to details
- You love meeting new people from various cultures and ecosystems
- You have a strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team.
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want.
Interested? Apply now!To apply, please go on our website here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.