Customer Advocate in the APAC region in Buffer
Join the Customer Advocacy TeamFor this role, we’re looking for a self-starter who’s outspoken, opinionated, and energized by the opportunity to think quick on their feet each day as we build relationships and ensure our customers succeed at using Buffer. We’ve found that the right path to helping our customers isn’t always laid out clearly with a map and compass, so a strong ability to take initiative and think on your feet is key. We’re passionate about improving Buffer through feedback from customers and collaborating with engineers and designers to build solutions that generate the most impact. As Buffer is actively evolving into a multi-product platform, you can expect to demonstrate your expertise by directing customer interaction across each of our products, and exploring what it means to help them succeed at their business goals. The Customer Advocacy team is 20 people strong, with team members spread out across Asia, Europe and North America! We stay in close contact with each other over Slack, Dropbox Paper, Zoom, and through a yearly in-person work retreat somewhere around the globe. Buffer is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. We are actively working to create an inclusive environment and value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds. We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
What You'll be Doing
In this role you’ll report to the Head of Design. Day to day you’ll be collaborating directly with a cross-functional that includes a Product Manager, Engineers, and an Engineering Manager. You’ll also work closely with fellow Designers, our Customer Research team, and our Data team.
- Delighting customers as often and creatively as possible over email, live-chat, and social media support.
- Driving customer success with the Buffer products and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins-and-outs of the Buffer platform.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Prior Customer Support and/or Customer Success experience.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Enjoys circumstances where the right answer isn’t always obvious and gets satisfaction out of helping others.
- Able to separate themselves in frustrating situations and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way.
- Love of a fast-moving environment.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- 💻 Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work.
- 🎼 Learning & development stipend: To encourage our teammates to be their best selves, we offer a small stipend for any course or training they'd like to do.
- 🤒 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US based.
- 💰 Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $46k - $77k USD per year.
- 🏝 Work remotely: Currently looking for folks living in APAC timezones.
- 📈 Stock options: Joining the Buffer journey means you can choose to own part of the company.
- ⛺️ Unlimited time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
- ✈️ Retreats: Join us on annual international company retreats! Our last retreat was in Singapore.
- 📚 Free books (and Kindle): All you can read, no questions asked.
- 🍼 Family Leave: If your family grows during your time at Buffer, we recommend taking 3 months of family leave, regardless of when you joined.
Where You'll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 15 countries, 11 timezones and 42 cities around the world to build a great culture and product.
Here's our tentative transparent hiring timeline
- March 8th - April 15th: Apply to join the team!
- April 6th - May 3rd: We'll spend time reviewing applications
- May 6th - June 7th: Follow-up interviews with the team
Interested? Apply here!
Other similar jobs in Customer Support
|Customer Support Manager for musical instruments online shop||April 18th, 2019|
|Internet Analyst - German Speakers||April 18th, 2019|
|Customer Success Champion||March 6th, 2019|