Customer Support in Red Guava
Who we are
Red Guava is a small bootstrapped and profitable software company based in Melbourne, Australia. Our team works remotely from all over the world.
Our sole focus is building an application called Cliniko. Cliniko makes life easy for Allied Health professionals by handling appointment scheduling, storing treatment notes, and a bunch of other things. It's quite a neat system and is used globally by tens of thousands of people every day.Things we love to do:
- Provide great software and service.
- Work with talented people.
- Delight our customers.
- Make the world a little bit better.
How we work
We work smarter, not harder. We think work/life balance is important and we work a 30-hour week as standard (you still get a full-time pay; it’s a full-time position).
Even though we're based out of Melbourne, Australia, our team is spread around the world. We want to hire the best person available, not just the best person within a 10km radius. You can see our team's locations on the Red Guava website (admittedly that site is a bit neglected, so it's kind of how our team looked a couple of years ago).
If you want to know more about how we work (which really is quite different), our founder Joel gave a talk about it.
We are looking for someone amazing to join our customer support team. This doesn’t mean you need to have 5+ years experience in the industry, we care about skill, passion, and integrity much more than credentials.
Even though we generally have very flexible work hours, always having someone around to chat with our customers is also pretty important for us. So for this role, we'd need you to be able to work mostly 9AM to 3PM MST (roughly 4PM to 10PM UTC) weekdays.
Who you are
- As a young child you had an epiphany where you realised other people actually exist in their own right, they aren't just cameo appearances in your story. This helped build the empathy and eagerness to help others that you have today.
- You have superb English skills (both verbal and written). You are able to take your thoughts and put them together in easy to understand language. You're able to convey your messages in a friendly, accurate, and jargon-free way. You appreciate a good oxford comma.
- You want to work in a place where you can do your best work and have fun too. You want to constantly improve.
What you'll work on
You’ll spend your time supporting Cliniko customers. This includes:
- Responding to chat/email messages from existing customers.
- Helping people decide if Cliniko would suit their business.
- Voice calling customers when chat isn't enough or it's requested.
- Communicating with people via social media.
- Writing bug reports to share with our developers.
- Working with third party integrators to solve customer problems.
- Engaging in peer review feedback to help others improve.
- Anything else you think needs doing.
Our goal is to "do right by our customers" in every single interaction, so you'll be empowered (and expected) to provide amazing support.
Great work environment
We want people doing their best work with us. We know that needs a great work environment, and we don't just mean a flashy office. Some things we do a little differently to enable people to do their best work and live a happy life:
- 30-hour work week.
- Complete autonomy.
- Work from anywhere.
- Unlimited annual leave (minimum 4 weeks per year).
- Supplied computer equipment.
- Ergonomic furniture.
- Fresh organic fruit weekly to your home.
- Overseas trips for full team meet-ups (family invited and paid for too).
- No managers.
- No meetings.
Let’s be clear, you do need to be seriously amazing. We don't hire often and when we do, we get hundreds of applicants. We will offer you the best job you have ever had with plenty of perks, but we expect you to be super-talented. You should be absolutely passionate about providing amazing support. You should take pride in your work and be excited to do it.
Interested? Apply now!We'd love it if you could fill out the form on this page. Notably, please do not attach a resume. We don't like them and don't read them, we just couldn't remove the field from the form. Job applications close 16th of October, 2019. It would be great however, if you could put some effort into the "Important bit" area. It's quite aptly named, it's what we care most about. You might tell us:
- A little bit about yourself.
- Why are you applying for this job?
- What do you bring to the party that we shouldn't miss out on?
- Anything else you think we might find interesting.
- We get a lot of applications, so we'd appreciate if it's not too lengthy.
- We much prefer friendly over professional.
- We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on this form. Only the best will be selected, so please spend some time and give us enough to see who you are.
Other similar jobs in Customer Support
|German speaking Customer Service Representative||November 12th, 2019|
|Executive Assistant with experience in Travel Planning - (Long Term / Part-Time / Online)||November 6th, 2019|
|Head of Support||November 5th, 2019|