Remote Based Database Reliability Engineer Job Opening at Nira
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|July 8th, 2022||From 12,000 US$ - 15,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Anywhere||Databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, database and systems design, AWS aurora||8+|
Nira is looking for a talented Senior/Lead Database Engineer to join our fast-growing engineering team. You will provide technical expertise across design, implementation and operational support of our cloud database platforms.
If you’re a creative problem-solver and enjoy a fast-paced work environment, then this is a great opportunity for you.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the evolution of both relational and non-relational data processing, storage and analytics solutions for Nira
- Solution design/architecture, data modelling
- Influence design and implementation of data engineering and data pipelines bringing data from sources as well as APIs and integration for downstream applications
- Database performance engineering to achieve throughput, resilience and enable scaling
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects that are enabled by data processing, storage and analysis technologies
- Collaborate with a squad of 2-5 engineers collaborating to deliver new feature/function bundles
Who We’re Looking For
- You’ve been specifically focused on the database/data storage layer for 8-10 years, across multiple use cases and technologies
- You’ve got 5+ years experience in designing and building enterprise data solutions on open source or OS-derived database technologies such as PostGres or MySQL delivered from providers like AWS
- You’ve got 3+ years experience with specialist data technologies such as in-memory databases, graph databases, document databases, key-value stores – we’re particularly interested in solutions like MemSQL/SingleStore, Memgraph, AWS Neptune, Redis, Memcached
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience in data modelling and query technologies eg you’re comfortable creating ERDs, using SQL and SQL extensions/wrappers, Gremlin, perhaps Cypher, and have probably looked at technologies like RDF
- You’ve likely seen open source machine learning or analytics in some form during your career – eg Python data science, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Spark, Hadoop etc.
- You’ve got several years of experience working with common backend technologies eg Go, Python, AWS services, Docker, event/streaming solutions like Kafka/SQS, and ETL-ELT/data transformation tools
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work, but a willingness to collaborate with others to achieve shared goals.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend help backend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
Benefits and Perks
- Work From Anywhere – 100% remote/distributed team
- Flexible Work Schedule
- BYO Kit or Company Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and Dental (US only)
Interested? Apply now!
You have until July 8th, 2022 to apply.
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Recommended Similar Software Engineering & Web Development Jobs
|Latest Jobs||Application Deadline|
|Remote Junior Web Developer||August 3rd, 2022|
|Manual Quality Assurance Specialist||July 31st, 2022|
|Database Reliability Engineer (100% Remote)||July 15th, 2022|
|Integrations Tech/Team Lead (100% remote)||July 15th, 2022|
|Lead Fullstack Engineer (React, Typescript, GraphQL) (100% Remote)||July 15th, 2022|