Remote Based DevOps Engineer Job Opening at Syntropy
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|December 1st, 2022||From 5,000 US$ - 7,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Estonia||DevOps, Kubernetes, Linux, docker, Ansible||3+|
Syntropy stack is a self-service solution that enables engineers to set up secure connectivity across all their endpoints in just a few clicks. If teams need to connect thousands of their endpoints, they can do so using our software agent in combination with container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes and configuration tools like Ansible.
Once devices are connected, Syntropy controller automatically routes packets via the best possible path using our smart routing tech and leveraging all major cloud networks at once to form segmented flat networks. On top of this, we provide clear visibility and performance insights into each connection using our network management tool.
Digging more into the tech behind all of this, currently, most of our backend is written in Python, Node.js, and Go.
The infrastructure is running on multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud just to name a few, and Bare Metal servers), and is administered completely programmatically, via Syntropy Stack with integrations to Nomad and Terraform. We’re using the most modern up-to-date services — Storage, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Monitoring, Logging, SQL, Pub/Sub, etc. Most of the code is deployed in containers on the Kubernetes cluster on GCP Kubernetes Engine.
The test automation uses tools like Testify (unit/integration), Docker-Compose (integration), Cypress (e2e). The entire development and deployment pipeline is chained together with GitHub, GCP Cloud Build, Container Registry, and Kubernetes Engine.
About this role
Syntropy is seeking highly enthusiastic DevOps engineer to join us on a mission to build the best-in-class Internet Technology products changing the world. You will be contributing to designing and maintaining highly scalable microservices infrastructure, using cutting-edge network management tools. We’re moving and growing fast, so expect high dynamics and plenty of challenges in your day-to-day work!
Being here you have clear growth paths to various senior positions as the company and technology organization achieves its targets and grows.
Main responsibilities will be:
- As a member of our DevOps team, you will be managing, and maintaining our hosted infrastructure.
- Suggest, architect, and implement improvements regarding best practices, where possible.
- Maintain infrastructure and automated systems to support massively distributed architecture.
- Constantly collaborate with developers, Product leads, and extended DevOps team to solve any issues.
- 3+ years of hands-on DevOps experience
- Good knowledge of AWS/Azure/other cloud services
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Microservices
- Experience with Ansible
- Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform)
- CI/CD experience (GitLab)
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana
- Proficiency in git and continuous integration systems (Gitlab)
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of Networking, TCP/IP and IPv6
- Experience with network dump analysis (wireshark/tcpdump)
- Experience with ELK stack
- Competent with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Nomad
- Proficiency in Python/Go/Rust and scripting
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralized application development is a strong bonus
Benefits and Perks
- Problems you’re proud to tackle and solve
- Work in a team of experts in Networking and Software Engineering field
- Be part of a dynamic startup team
- Enjoy flexible working hours (office & remote work)
- Possibility to grow into different roles and become a long-term member of the team
- Fair compensation based on experience and talent
- Innovative compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as a bonus)
Interested? Apply now!
You have until December 1st, 2022 to apply.
Hurry up! The job have had 58 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.