Director of SEO in Powered by Search
Salary Range: From 5,000 US$ - 7,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: April 22nd, 2021
Job closing date: May 8th, 2021
Available to applicants based in: Anywhere
Years of Experience: 5+
Wanted: Director of SEOWe are looking for a Director of SEO to lead one of the most highly specialized B2B SaaS SEO consulting teams in the world. Powered by Search has been growing every year since 2009, and we have ambitious plans to scale. This is a rare opportunity to join the company with a position on our senior leadership team. Does the idea of running an SEO department like clockwork using transformational leadership to lead, manage, and support a team of true believers excite you?
- Are fascinated and knowledgeable about digital marketing and advertising, especially SEO.
- Figure out how to fix the problem instead of who to blame.
- Take 100% accountability for your wins and losses. You paid for your own stuff as a teenager.
- Command authority naturally and have a track record of reducing pressure, noise, and overwhelm.
- Say what you’re thinking and are objective with your feedback.
- Have a career history of success, working in the trenches, and leading your team from the front.
- Are like the McKinsey of Growth, focused on making B2B SaaS companies unstoppable.
- We believe that the internet holds new possibilities for people and their companies.
- Work to pioneer and uplift the standard of digital marketing and advertising we all experience.
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience.
- Are committed to creating a team dynamic that creates empowerment rather than entitlement.
- We really care about our team. We're rated 4.6/5 Glassdoor Rating with a 96% approval rating.
Our Core Values
- Give a Sh!t
- Always Be in It To Win It
- Be Obsessed with Serving Others
- Practice a Growth Mindset
- When We Fail, We Don’t Lose the Lesson
The OpportunityThe mission of the Director of SEO is to support and protect the VP of Operations to achieve the company’s goals and gain more momentum by being empowered to lead, manage, and coach the right people, processes, and projects within the SEO department to grow the company and to deliver WOW results for our clients. The Director of SEO role demands an individual with exceptional organizational, communication, interpersonal, coaching, and leadership qualities, as well as deep subject matter expertise in organic search.
Expected OutcomesReporting to the VP of Operations, you will be responsible for leading, managing, and holding your team of SEO Strategists accountable for their performance and day-to-day strategic decision making to ensure that the right things are getting done to drive client success. As a management role, you will not be responsible for your own portfolio of clients. You will be primarily internal-facing with occasional client interaction.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable your team of SEO Strategists to ensure high-performance efforts that align with client goals.
- Manage the P&L of your team of SEO Strategists to meet organizational goals and achieve effective utilization.
- Ensure 100% pod-wide adoption of operational and SEO systems.
- Develop and innovate on Powered by Search's SEO systems.
- Recruiting, hiring, and growing SEO Consultants.
- You have difficulty thinking strategically, and cannot communicate your ideas with ease.
- You aren't a self-starter who is resourceful and finds solutions to problems independently.
- You are fast-paced, but miss details because you think it's better to get it done than to get it right.
- You feel restricted and cannot thrive when working within a system of existing standards.
- You feel like you're always fighting fires and cannot get the time and focus to create strategic outcomes.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience managing SEO efforts for B2B focused companies.
- A proven track record of managing and leading an Organic Search team to success.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to set and manage data-driven goals across a team. You are a systems thinker and think strategically before you act.
- Respected and decisive personality with demonstrated ability to support team members with obstacles and efficiently resolve conflicts.
Some competencies you’ll need to have:
- Critical Thinking: Your actions are proactive. You are able to visualize success and expertly craft actionable and impactful strategies & systems for your department.
- Project Management: You are in control of your time and manage it effectively. You are able to proactively manage your team's capacity, resolve project risks, and expertly handle objections.
- Coaching: You actively coach your direct reports to think more critically, be more resourceful, and continuously learn. Your leadership is to encourage maximum performance and happiness. You ask more questions than you give answers while directing your team from a position of confident expertise.
- Emotional Intelligence: You are a trusted authority in your department. You are calm and collected in the majority of situations. You are confident and decisive in your choices.
- Strategy & Innovation: You are able to manage and improve on the performance, P&L, and strategy of your department by following and advocating core systems. You are an effective strategic thinker that consistently acts with departmental and organizational goals in mind.
Why You'll Want to Work HereWe earn our talent. This role will give you the opportunity to maximize:
- Fit — We will over-communicate fit through feedback and alignment with where the company is going, and share exactly how you are helping improve the bottom line.
- Family — We know family is important and will be flexible so you can be present and live a well-integrated life.
- Freedom — We will give you ample freedom to make decisions, and will not micromanage you.
- Fortune — If you accomplish your objectives, you will grow in compensation and responsibility over the next five years.
- Fun — We like to have a lot of fun around here. We think you will find this is a culture you will really enjoy.
We walk our talk.
- We really care about our team. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor with a 96% approval rating.
- We don’t tolerate mediocrity. The only way we know is to always be in it to win it.
- If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Benefits and Perks
Perks & Benefits
- This role is Remote First (must have 4-hour overlap with EST hours)
- We offer competitive compensation and quarterly bonuses
- 5 weeks paid time off (for everyone!)
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care for Full-Time Canadian Residents only.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until May 8th, 2021 to apply!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.