Director of SEO in Powered by Search
Job Published on: June 15th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: North americaDo you want to work with David instead of Goliath? Are you an entrepreneur in a marketer's body? Would you rather show up to work excited every single day? Does the idea of working in a company with a team of true believers, obsessively results-focused, open-minded action takers, and people who are always in it to win it, excite you?
- Are fascinated and have shown demonstrated results with organic search strategy and implementation including leading, managing, and holding accountable a team of SEO strategists.
- Love watching your direct reports grow through your leadership and guidance.
- Enjoy and dive head-first into managing the day to day P&L of your department.
- Are energized by keeping up on the latest SEO tools, trends, and tactics.
- Figure out how to fix the problem instead of who to blame.
- Take 100% accountability for your wins and losses. You paid for your own stuff as a teenager.
- Command authority naturally and have a track record of reducing pressure, noise, and overwhelm.
- Say what you’re thinking and are objective with your feedback.
- Have a career history of success, working in the trenches, and delivering WOW results for your team and clients consistently.
- Purpose: We exist to make SaaS companies unstoppable. We do this by constantly striving to become the best in the world at what we do and keep redefining what you do until this is true.
- Vision: To become the de-facto choice for scale-up ($10M ARR+) B2B SaaS companies who have a great product but struggle with being the best-kept secret in town.
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience.
- Are committed to creating a team dynamic that creates empowerment rather than entitlement.
- Are one of the few remote-first independent digital strategy agencies with deep subject matter expertise in SaaS Marketing including being a Google Premier Partner, Facebook Marketing Partner, Bing Ads Premier Partner, and HubSpot Gold Partner.
- We really care about our team. We're rated 4.6/5 Glassdoor Rating with a 96% approval rating.
Our Core Values
- Give a Sh!t
- Always Be in It To Win It
- Be Obsessed with Serving Others
- Practice a Growth Mindset
- When We Fail, We Don’t Lose the Lesson
The OpportunityThe mission of the Director of SEO is to support and protect the VP Operations to achieve the company’s goals and gain more momentum by delivering WOW results for our clients. The Director of SEO role demands an individual with exceptional leadership, strategic, analytics, organizational, communication, and interpersonal qualities. They must have already demonstrated success in delivering exceptional SEO performance for SaaS websites, and experience working with mid-size or larger organizations with varying levels of understanding of SEO. This individual is responsible for being the manager and team leader for a portfolio of client accounts, including aspects of:
- P&L Planning
- SEO Strategy & Guidance
- Creating and Adoption of Bullet-proof Processes
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Growing SEO Consultants
- Getting clients WOW results
A Day in the LifeImagine for a moment... You wake up in the morning. Your commute is 45 seconds. You brew great coffee or tea and then hop on Basecamp and share the 3 key outcomes you’ll be achieving (meaning today). Your team is on video for your daily huddle. You might find yourself collaborating with an SEO Strategist or talking about how to take learnings from a Google Ads campaign with our Director of Paid Media. Then it’s on to collaborating with great clients on a live video Zoom call where you share progress and performance.
Expected OutcomesReporting to the VP of Operations, you will be expected to:
- Drive organic search traffic and conversion growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing, and innovating on Powered by Search's SEO systems.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a team of SEO consultants including full-time hires and a bench of independent consultants.
- Strategize, plan, and grow profitability for your department with a high degree of autonomy over your P&L. Compensation and bonus will be tied to profitability targets for the department.
This role isn't a fit for you if...
- You have never lead, managed, or held a team of direct reports accountable for results.
- You have difficulty thinking strategically, and cannot communicate your ideas with ease.
- You aren't able to interpret data critically and craft a story around it.
- You aren't a self-starter who is resourceful and finds solutions to problems independently.
- You are fast-paced, but miss details because you think it's better to get it done than to get it right.
- You get overwhelmed easily when handling multiple objectives simultaneously under tight timelines.
- You feel restricted and cannot thrive when working within a system of existing standards.
- You feel like you're always fighting fires and cannot get the time and focus to create strategic outcomes.
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have:
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of consultants who manage organic search efforts for companies in competitive verticals.
- Demonstrated ability to drive maximum organic search performance including Technical SEO, Content Marketing, and Digital PR (Backlinks).
- Proven experience recruiting, retaining, and growing a team of SEO consultants
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and HubSpot.
- Highly skilled with custom analytics reporting, .htaccess file management, website crawling, content optimization, schema markup, mobile SEO, dynamic content serving, and more.
Some competencies you’ll need to have:
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals: You have a deep understanding and applied knowledge in all areas of SEO, including Technical SEO, On-Page, Content Marketing, and Off-Page. You are certified in Google Analytics. Google Ads certification is an asset.
- Critical Thinking: You are able to expertly craft actionable and impactful strategies for your role and your clients. Everything you do have a force-multiplier effect.
- Project Management: Large and complex projects are kept organized, within scope, and on-time. You are able to proactively resolve project risks and expertly handle objections.
- Reporting & Analytics: You are able to create advanced custom reports and dashboards in Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics. You are adept at using RegEx, APIs, and scripting to suit any customized reporting needs that come your way.
- Communication: You are able to communicate complex data in a simple manner and craft a story around it to lead to business insights. You have strong presentation skills and are comfortable speaking in front of small audiences and executive stakeholders.
Why You'll Want to Work HereWe earn our talent. This role will give you the opportunity to maximize:
- Fit — We will over-communicate fit through feedback and alignment with where the company is going, and share exactly how you are helping improve the bottom line.
- Family — We know family is important and will be flexible so you can be present and live a well-integrated life.
- Freedom — We will give you ample freedom to make decisions, and will not micromanage you.
- Fortune — If you accomplish your objectives, you will grow in compensation and responsibility over the next five years.
- Fun — We like to have a lot of fun around here. We think you will find this is a culture you will really enjoy.
We walk our talk.We really care about our team. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor with a 96% approval rating. We don’t tolerate mediocrity. The only way we know is to always be in it to win it. If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
- This role is Remote OK (within North America)
- We offer competitive compensation and quarterly bonuses
- 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Flexible Hours
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.