Director, Product Design in Maze
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|October 1st, 2021||From 12,000 US$ - 15,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Europe||strategy, Design, B2B SaaS, Product Design, managing design teams||5+|
About MazeMaze is a Series A funded startup building the future of rapid testing for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network. We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 40,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze. We're a fully remote team working across 21 countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
What you will doBuild the design organization:
- Develop and coach a team of strong design contributors with a balance of autonomy and accountability
- Motivate and inspire the broader team to deliver on short and long term roadmaps and business objectives
- Scale the team in accordance with the needs and goals of the business
- Own recruitment, retention, succession planning, and career development of your teams
- Foster a culture of collaboration, growth and development
- Establish & communicate delivery strategy to team
- Provide team with resources required to deliver
- Create research & review system for the team to continuously improve through internal & external feedback.
- Establish & communicate performance plans, accountabilities, expectations, and metrics
- Partner with product management to balance short and long-term needs for both product and technical roadmaps
What are we looking for
- 3+ years managing design teams
- 5+ years product design experience for web applications, with a preference for B2B SaaS
- Experienced at organizing agile design teams to deliver high-quality features
- You excel at analyzing deep user experience problems and coaching teams to the best solution
- Knowledgeable about best practices in areas of: UX, UI & Research
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, beautiful product at scale
Goals you will contribute to or own
- Product delivery: Own the design delivery processes and ensure our roadmap is released on time while continuously improving existing systems.
- Product quality: Create and maintain a high-quality, high-availability design system with an emphasis on user experience and delight.
- Design team scaling: Plan, hire, develop & engage A-players to build a world-class design team.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 60 employees. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: You will help us 5x MRR in 2021 by building key relationships with our partner ecosystem, launching integrations and managing ongoing partner marketing activities.
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited time off
- Twice a year company retreat for a week, fully paid by Maze (once COVID is over)
- Laptop paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 14 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $850/month in benefits to be used at your discretion. Get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits!
- $2,000 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space!
Interested? Apply now!
You have until October 1st, 2021 to apply.
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.