European Project Manager in Bitfinex
Job Published on: February 25th, 2020
Job closing date: March 16th, 2020
We are currently looking for a European Project Manager
Job descriptionAs a Project Manager in the Product team, you will work with fellow project, program and product managers and with members of the engineering and design teams to execute our business and product strategies across the various Bitfinex products and services. As a Project Manager at Bitfinex you will take ultimate responsibility for one key project. Of all product team members you are closest to the actual planning and implementation of individual projects, so expect to get your hands dirty. You will manage release cycles, running release sprints and retros; collaborate with the development, marketing, etc teams to break work down, taking large-scale projects and turning them into manageable tasks; track & report on progress to Program and Product Managers, and other stakeholders, to ensure business needs are being met; and generally do whatever it takes to ensure that things stay on track, figuring out alternatives if they don’t. In a nutshell, you own the project deliverables and support your team to deliver the highest standards of quality in a timely manner. Project Managers have the opportunity to progress into: senior project management positions where they work on the most important projects in the company; program management roles which oversee multiple projects and a team of project managers; or product management roles focusing on our customers, our competitors and business strategy.
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure the project team is clear on objectives. Act as the voice of the product team and key stakeholders in their absence.
- Ensure that the project targets are met within the project timeline and costs, and monitor and control all stages of the project life cycle. Suggest reasonable solutions and plans for the problems in the process of the project.
- Coordinate the progress and quality of each stage of the project to ensure the smooth progress of the project and delivery on time.
- Where necessary, lead communications with external partners supporting the project.
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution.
- Monitor and manage scope.
- Manage all documentation, project tracking and reporting within the product team and cross-functionally where necessary.
- Living in European Timezone
- Minimum 2 years in a project management role working on software development or financial services.
- Excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to develop these habits in the teams you join.
- Self-starter attitude, strong problem-solving skills and sense of responsibility.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and the ability to produce concise reports ongoing to management covering the progress of projects, with an aim to improving decision-making on business strategy and product development.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies and best practices, and experience implementing fast-moving, large teams.
Additional preferred requirements
- Experience with high growth, technology, financial, or cryptocurrency products and services
- PMP certificate
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.