Front-End Designer in One15 Digital
Job Published on: March 10th, 2017
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereCompany Name: One15 Digital Company URL: https://one15.co/ The Opportunity One15 is now hiring a Front-End Designer. This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark at a growing global start-up. We are looking for an ambitious and driven product designer who is passionate about creating engaging, consistent and memorable experiences. To be a fit for this role you will have a fundamental desire to be professionally challenged. You don’t want to ‘phone it in’. You want to stretch yourself and be excited by your work. You’ll never stop learning and testing new things. You want to be the difference – to improve the product, the project, whatever you lay your hands on. At One15 you can be the difference. You will be the go-to person for front-end design, creating your vision for how design can shape engaging, consistent and memorable experiences across a number of mobile and web applications and projects. In this role you will be iteratively improving the design and user experience for our key products and helping us shape our products and company whilst growing with us. This is a permanent, remote position with a competitive salary and benefits offered, subject to experience level. Key duties & responsibilities
- Front-end leadership from a design perspective
- Be the go-to-person for front-end design topics within bigger projects/agile teams.
- Be an evangelist of the vision of front-end design
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with attention to interaction design
- Work closely with developer colleagues to reduce time to deliver designs
- Support our back-end developers with QA on front-end code
- Mentor and support others in the company developing their front-end skills
- Create and maintain a foundation framework based on best practices that can be used across products and any relevant client work
- Create and document design principles to govern all One15 digital experiences
- Create and share best practices
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing experiences for interfaces and digital products.
- Although this is a remote role, you will ideally be located in Ireland or within the time zone GMT-5 or GMT+5
- Experience designing experiences for desktops, tablets and phones.
- Demonstrated ability creating deliverables in the research, user experience and visual design stages on the design process.
- A passion for detail and a care for great usability and aesthetics.
- Ability to prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed.
- Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first with the ability to work in a small, start-up-style, agile and fast-paced team.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident in your work without becoming too attached to your designs when constructive team and user feedback is put forward.
- A strong portfolio featuring relevant work examples.
- Familiarity with common tools like Git, Trello, Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
- Knowledge of wireframing/mockup tools such as Balsamiq, InVision, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Mastery of mobile and web design standards and best practices.
- Experience working remotely a bonus.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.