Remote Based Front end Software Engineer Job Opening at Intelligent Cargo Systems
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|February 28th, 2022||From 5,000 US$ - 7,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
- Front end Software Engineer
- Experience: 4+ years
- Employment: Full-time
- Visa: Not required
- Location: Fully remote within Europe (UK time zone +/- 2h)
- Start date: January 2022
We solve one of the biggest problems faced by the commercial shipping industry – idle time in port. When a container ship goes into port to load or discharge its cargo it’s called a port call. And if the ship has to wait to enter or leave the port this is classed as idle time. Our flagship product, CargoMate, enables shipping companies and their crews to monitor their port calls every step of the way and be notified of any delays that cause idle time.
Intelligent Cargo Systems is focused on bringing innovation and efficiency to the container shipping industry and at present, we’re the only company to offer this solution to what is a very expensive problem. We’re backed by one of the UK’s most successful tech accelerators, Entrepreneur First, and our customers include some of the largest shipping companies in the world.
You can find out more about what we do on our website at https://intelligentcargosystems.com.
We’re looking for an independent front end software engineer who can solve problems and work autonomously, but still knows when to ask for help. As well as being keen to learn what we do, we want you to be equally keen to share your knowledge and support your team; as we expand we’ll be looking in-house for team leaders to drive the business forward.
We’re looking for someone that can take the lead on projects and work closely with our end-users. You also have:
- Working experience with React Native and Typescript
- Understanding of front end best practices and a willingness to learn more
- Experience testing code and know what’s important to test
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
What you’ll be working on:
- Our flagship React Native Android app that is used directly by the crews aboard container ships to log the progress of their port calls
- An ancillary web dashboard written in React that enables stakeholders on dry land to keep up to date with cargo operations of their vessels in real-time
- Finding elegant and robust solutions to hard technical problems and architectural designs and driving our front end forward
- Helping to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster, all the while focusing on giving the end-user the best experience
- Immersing yourself in the needs and requirements of our customers via end-user feedback and working with our Commercial team to develop features that are in line with our roadmap and strategy
- Building prototypes as well as maintaining and adding additional features to our existing products
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards and taking responsibility to test all new features, tools and apps before they go to market
- We keep up to date with the latest tech but acknowledge that bleeding edge usually isn’t optimal for production
What we’re offering:
- A competitive salary between £40,000 and £55,000 depending on your experience
- A clear career path focusing on skills that you’d like to develop with us
- Share options in the company as part of your package (0 – 0.5%)
- Generous holiday allowance composed of; 25 days off p.a. plus all UK Bank Holidays, 1 day off on or around your birthday and for every year that you work with us we’ll give you an extra day off capped at five additional days
- Flexible working hours. It’s more important that you work when you’re most effective rather than that you’re glued in front of a monitor all day
- Fully remote. At the moment, all of the team work from home with regular online team meetings and a “finish early and play online games with a beer” session every once in a while. Covid permitting, we try to meet up in person every now and then for team building and planning
Our interview process:
- Introductory video chat with our CTO or Head of Engineering
- Proof of code: take-home assignment that takes around 4-6 hours or show off code you’ve written that you’re proud of
- Technical interview (45 – 60 minutes): we’ll walk through your code assignment and discuss software development in general. We want you to shine in your interview, so there won’t be any gotcha questions, no LeetCode and no whiteboard coding
- Video chat with our CEO (15-30 minutes): this is your chance to get to know our company and see whether you like us as much as we like you
Get in touch at: email@example.com
Interested? Apply now!
You have until February 28th, 2022 to apply.
To apply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry up! The job have had 7 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Recommended Similar Software Engineering & Web Development Jobs
|Latest Jobs||Application Deadline|
|Senior Software Engineer (Malta)||April 14th, 2022|
|Localization Engineer||February 28th, 2022|
|Senior NodeJS and Blockchain Engineer||February 18th, 2022|
|Shopify Developer (with React and NodeJS experience)||February 18th, 2022|
|Intermediate+ Full-stack Developer||February 12th, 2022|