Full Stack Developer in Pelican Procurement Services
Job Published on: December 3rd, 2019
Available to applicants based in: AnywherePelican Procurement is hiring a new full stack ASP.NET / Angular Developer colleague - optionally working remotely - to help develop the software underpinning our online procurement SaaS solution. We're writing software that handles data that isn't always typical, meaning lots of interesting challenges as we address our clients' evolving needs; creating a really usable product, that's also robust, scales and integrates well. Now is a great time to join our team of motivated full stack .NET Developers, enjoying a sustained period of positive change and ongoing investment in technology, with lots of fresh code to write. Working closely with our product owner and technical architect, it's a mix of new development work, primarily on the back end with an element of front end, and important ongoing improvements to our existing software. You may work remotely as your primary arrangement; our development team is currently 100% remote, and you can optionally work in the office if you prefer.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Writing optimal code that takes our Pi procurement software to the next level
- Re-factoring and re-writing a mature codebase, bringing significant modernisation
- Assessing and introducing new technologies and methodologies
- Supporting our move towards Angular2 v7
- Building a progressive, integrated, mobile application
- Embracing modern ways of working - e.g. Agile, SCRUM, a DevOps approach
We're looking for
- Someone competent at writing effective code for complex business logic
- An inclusive approach, from someone who works well in a distributed team
- Proven abilities in ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS or Angular2+, and the Entity Framework (or other ORM)
- Familiarity with SQL Server (or other SQL based database)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A readiness to explore, champion and adopt modern practices
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speedASP.NET | Entity Framework | AngularJS, Angular2 | TypeScript | Sass | Grunt | SQL Server | Azure | Visual Studio | JIRA | TFS | and more…
Salary and benefits
- £45,000 - £50,000 we're keeping an open mind
- Contributory company pension | life assurance | annual leave; 25 days, rising incrementally year on year to 30 days in year five | health cash plan, including 24-hour counselling and advice | access to continued professional and leadership development |discretionary incentive bonus scheme | wellbeing programme | free car parking (office employees) | unpaid leave (by discretion) | flexi time and flexible approach to working
About usPelican is a market-leading procurement specialist, providing purchasing and supply chain SaaS solutions to private and public sector organisations. Customers span a variety of different sectors – hotel, restaurant, public sector, education and healthcare, to name a few - each client with purchasing spends ranging from £500k to £20m. Pelican, part of the Aramark Group (NYSE: ARMK), is a friendly, supportive and dynamic workplace currently with 70 staff and head offices in Elstead, Surrey. Location: 100% remote within the UK, or at Elstead, Surrey. Anticipate occasional visits to the office as the business requires and occasional travel to client locations, travel expenses paid. Commutable from Basingstoke, Crawley, Farnborough, Farnham, Guildford PLEASE NOTE: You must be based int he UK and you must already hold the necessary work permit for employment in the UK. Timing: you may join us right away, this winter, or in the New Year Recruiters: Pelican has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling and speculative applications are not welcomed
Interested? Apply now!Pelican has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner - please apply here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.