Full Stack PHP Engineer in Vestd
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: January 28th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Country(ies): United Kingdom (UK)
Years of Experience: 3+
About the roleWe’re looking for someone to help us build new features, improve existing ones and work with our small but mighty development team. You will get to interact with all areas of the business to identify and solve customer and team needs and craft long-term solutions. We have a fantastic application built on the Laravel framework that our customers love and you will be helping us grow and improve it. We use AWS for hosting with continuous deployment so you get to see your changes in production and helping real people in minutes. We are a remote team so good written and verbal communication skills are essential, we are also looking for someone who’s happy to work independently but also jump on a team call and work a problem or brainstorm ideas. The space we operate in and the tools we are building are complex but we will support your learning and development both in business knowledge and technical skills.
About youWe are looking for someone who has been working with Laravel for a number of years and feels comfortable with it, you should also be as happy crafting a blade template as you are wiring up the back-end. Experience with cloud hosting, testing frameworks & continuous deployment would be great but not essential.
Benefits and Perks
Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive start-up with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’re a small team doing very big things. Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard. Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd:
- Flexible working environment: we’re a remote team (we run a daily video stand-up, plus regular in person meetups, when allowed).
- Competitive starting salary £30-£45k and will be dependent on experience.
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
- Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
- We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most interesting SMEs in the UK.
- Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
- Team retreats twice a year.
- We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have a slice of the action.
- This is a huge opportunity to grow with the Vestd business, we’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path.
- If this sounds like music to your ears, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Interested? Apply now!
In your cover note, please include what attracted you to apply for this role with us, and how you meet the skills we are looking for.
Vestd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
You will need to be primarily UK based and eligible to work in the country.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.