Instructor – Work In Tech in INCO Academy
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|Applications are closed||From 1,000 US$ - 3,000 US$ per month||Part Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Germany||German, English, IT skills||0+|
INCO AcademyINCO Academy is a workforce accelerator that up-skills people from underserved backgrounds for the digital economy. Through intensive digital training courses, we help fledgling tech professionals learn the hard and soft skills required to find a job in tech. Since launching in March 2020, our courses have received over 10,000 applications, and we have awarded over $1M in scholarships to ensure our beneficiaries incur no costs. With training sites present across a variety of countries such as the US, Australia, France, Ireland, Germany, the UK, Poland and Luxembourg, and a rapidly growing global team, this is a groundbreaking global project enabling people from all walks of life to find meaningful work in one of the highest growth industries today. INCO Academy is part of INCO.org, an international NGO with a mission to leverage innovation for positive change.
The programINCO Academy has partnered with Google.org to make an IT course accessible co-built by Google and Coursera to people facing barriers to employment to boost their employability in the digital space. This certificate program prepares learners for an entry-level job in IT support via an innovative curriculum developed by Google. Through hands-on practical workshops and exercises, learners are introduced to the world of information technology, or IT. Participants will learn about the different facets of IT, such as computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, system administration and job-related skills. Students will face a variety of hands-on assessments simulating real-world IT support scenarios that are critical for success in the workplace.
AboutExamples of virtual assessments include: computer assembly, networking simulation, writing effective support documentation, routing paths and subnets, wireless networking, device software management, public key or asymmetric encryption and incident handling. A full course description is available here.
The roleWe're looking for Instructors to lead our Google IT Support Professional Certificate program. In addition to the self-guided aspects of this online course, the role of the Instructor will be to implement additional learning tools to best support learners throughout their journey. Our objective in 2020 is to support the training of 650 learners across Germany, 200 learners across Austria, and 350 learners across Switzerland. We support the program in two formats: as a 10 week accelerated learning journey and as a 4 month flexible path. As Instructor, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and own a learner path, as assigned by your supervisor;
- Providing practical guidance and comprehensive mentorship to learners throughout their training journey via tutoring, peer study groups, office hours, and psychosocial support;
- Implementing (and participate in the creation of) supplementary curriculum materials as directed by our Lead Instructor;
- Maintaining the pace of learning by facilitating weekly online workshops focused on the topics students will have studied independently;
- Building a vibrant community of learners from a range of different backgrounds and ensuring a motivating and supportive virtual study environment;
- Providing ancillary 1:1 support to students in other learner paths where appropriate;
- Monitoring progress of learners through data collection to facilitate next steps in the learning journey.
- Implement the onboarding process of learners to Coursera and provide engaging support via different communication channels throughout the program
- Fostering and build relationships with learners both in person and online at scale
- An IT Technician with industry experience in IT support, System Analysis, Database Administration and/or other additional fields.
- Experience and interest in conducting online training, mentoring and/or tutoring and ease working with a range of virtual tools.
- Experience in successfully growing a community of learners or people who share the same interest
- Experience working with learners facing barriers to employment is a plus.
- Fluency in German and English, Arabic is an added advantage.
- Ability to work remotely while maintaining close links with the core team through regular and transparent reporting.
- A passion for teaching and making a difference to the lives of others.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.