Learning & Development Specialist (Contract) in Wikimedia Foundation
Job Published on: December 14th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: Anywhere
Important skills: learning and development
Years of Experience: 2+
SummaryThe Learning and Development (L & D) team ensures that our people are equipped with the mindsets and skills required to engage with the complex challenges before us through leadership development and staff training, fostering a culture of healthy performance where we support and challenge each other in pursuit of our mission. The Learning and Development Specialist will be instrumental in our organization’s future success. The Specialist will partner closely with L & D leadership to support the evolution of the Wikimedia Foundation’s learning & development programs, including the design, implementation, and rollout of the Wikimedia Foundation’s online learning programming.
- Select, implement, configure, administer, and deploy a learning management system for the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Develop content partnerships with training content providers that align with the Wikimedia Foundation goals and values
- Create custom training content as needed in line with organizational values and leadership philosophy across the employee experience, including: New manager trainings, onboarding & orientation content,
- Deliver trainings in a variety of formats, as needed
- Develop and track success metrics for learning
- Contribute to building the L & D function, including evolving our programs, metrics, and tooling in line with the business needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s + 2 years Learning & Development experience, Master’s, or equivalent work experience, ideally for an international organization.
- Ability to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment, while respecting HR confidentiality
- Creative thinker with the ability to take ideas into implementation
- Demonstrated experience with learning management systems, processes, and approaches
- Deep experience delivering engaging, interactive, and impactful in-person and virtual trainings and workshops to a wide variety of audiences (international audiences, varying skill levels, varying professional experience levels)
- Familiarity with Diversity & Inclusion best practices
- Experience creating engaging custom training content suitable for a global workforce
- Strong facilitation experience with large and small groups in in-person and online settings
- Experience with learning and training metrics and evaluation
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work on a distributed team
- Ability to listen with true curiosity to understand others’ perspectives, and communicate your own perspective clearly and non-judgmentally
- Passion for learning and supporting people's growth
- Balance of detail-orientation (logistics and implementation work) and ability to see the bigger picture and contribute to team goals and quarterly plans
- Ability to laugh at yourself
This will set you apart
- Experience working on a remote team
- Leadership development experience
- Experience with employee engagement
- Coaching experience
- Working knowledge of adult development and deliberately developmental organizations
The Wikimedia Foundation is......the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA. As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikimedia 2030
- Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
- Our Commitment to Equity
- This is Wikimedia Foundation
- Facts Matter
- Our Projects
- Our Tech Stack
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in HR and Recruiting
|Talent Sourcer||February 18th, 2021|
|Experienced Recruiter for Remote Team (developers/marketers)||February 2nd, 2021|
|Vice President of Talent & Culture||January 12th, 2021|