Lead Copywriter – Ecommerce Outdoor Company at Ecentria
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|August 31st, 2022||From 5,000 US$ - 7,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|United States of America (USA)||product descriptions, training experience, Copywriting, Copywriting Mentoring, Content Writing||3+|
Love the outdoors? Copywriter/Content Writer with work experience or personal interest and leadership in the outdoor industry wanted! (i.e., hunting, military/law enforcement, hiking/camping, climbing, fishing etc.)
We are looking for an experienced web-based Copywriter/Content Writer with proven experience in creating content for an ecommerce website. In this role, you will work with a group of passionate and talented writers and search engine optimization experts to scale output, improve content quality standards, further develop processes, and of course create web-based content. The Copywriter / Content Writer Team Lead is responsible for creating product & category descriptions, detailing technical features, writing original content, developing how-to & buying guides for products across a collection of outdoor retail sites: OpticsPlanet.com, CampSaver.com, Dvor.com and some more inhouse brands while directing other team members to succeed in the same context. As opposed to just pasting the vendor information onto the product pages we are looking for someone who can articulate product information in ways that streamlines the customer’s decision process while educating them on outdoor goods. Individuals who are applying for this position require an understanding of outdoor activities that reflect our customers’ outdoor pursuits as well as the ability to quickly research information and communicate product information that is not only educational but informative while appealing to the end consumer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Ecommerce Copywriter / Content Writer Team Lead
- Improve the quality of product information across our web properties available for our customers to help them with their purchasing decision.
- Create and maintain communications material including policies, customer service templates, press releases, guides, catalogue pages (including product, brand, and category pages).
- Work with SEO Analysts and keyword research programs to optimize content for search engines.
- Gather, organize, and translate information into unique, persuasive & compelling language
- Maintain the company’s image, identify and communication style
Responsibilities of the Ecommerce Copywriter / Content Writer Team Lead
- Maintain, champion, and evolve procedures to improve productivity and output
- Collaborate with content stakeholders across the organization in order to keep information fresh on our web properties
- Train, mentor, and help develop writers on the team
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the copy team.
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Develop and implement a timeline to achieve targets.
- Manage knowledge required for creating content: create and keep actual lists of knowledge sources (internal and external) and guidelines on how to work with the sources.
- Focus on consistent, high-quality results.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements of the Ecommerce Copywriter / Content Writer Team Lead
- Minimum 3 year working experience in copywriting in a retail or agency environment. With at least 1 year in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, communications, journalism, marketing, or similar field.
- High comfort level with software and technology especially CMS systems & Microsoft Excel.
- Retail/e-commerce experience preferred, knowledge of SEO, content management operations and/or online marketing concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge of the sporting goods, hunting, law enforcement, military, hiking/camping, shooting sport industries a huge plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading ability, HTML experience a plus.
- Attention to detail: style, copy & message.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles, tones and voices that represent the end consumer while paying attention to SEO and industry standards.
- Ability to succeed in a continuously changing specialty retail environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Personal Characteristics of the Ecommerce Copywriter / Content Writer Team Lead
To be successful in this position, you must show strong leadership, attention to detail, be able to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment and attend to multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure. Proven experience & comfort in copywriting is essential to meet the demands of this position.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical Insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield, including HSA, HMO, and PPO options
- Prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance
- Employer-paid employee assistance program
- Generous FTO (flexible time off)
- 401k retirement benefits plan with a company match
- Voluntary legal support services, pet insurance & identity theft protection
- Salary commensurate with work experience and education
Ecentria is the winner of many prestigious HR-driven awards, including:
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in Chicago, 2021
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in Chicago, 2020
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in Chicago, 2019
- Top Workplace in Chicago (Chicago Tribune Award), 2021
- Top Workplace in Chicago (Chicago Tribune Award), 2019
- Top Workplace in Chicago, (Chicago Tribune Award), 2018
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in the Nation, 2019
- Best & Brightest Place to Work in the Nation, 2018
Work Location – Remote
Ecentria and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Ecentria and its affiliates are Drug Free Workplaces.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until August 31st, 2022 to apply.
Hurry up! The job have had 22 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Recommended Similar Content & Copywriting Jobs
|Latest Jobs||Application Deadline|
|General Copywriter With SEO Knowledge||September 5th, 2022|
|Expert Blog Writer and Editor (SEO Niche)||August 31st, 2022|
|Technical Writer (Remote) - Project Based||August 22nd, 2022|
|Experienced French (FR) Writers (Travel&Tourism)||August 18th, 2022|
|Content Marketer||August 15th, 2022|