Lead Software Engineer (Python) in Anansi
Job Published on: January 19th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Continent(s): Europe
Years of Experience: 4+This role is well suited for someone who likes to think strategically and set direction to ensure that the right thing is built and technologies are used wisely. As Anansi grows, the Lead Engineer will also be the main person responsible for the day-to-day execution of tech tasks and for helping the team achieve their goals.
Currently, we have:
- API connection to our insurer, WAKAM;
- Integration to the Shopify App store;
- Stripe integration with for payment processing;
- Connection to the UK Companies House;
- Integration with a shipping aggregator to follow the parcels’ lifecycle.
- Designing a Tech strategy together with the CTO and the team, so that the services evolve in a “future-proof” way.
- Maintain and build Python microservices, Design, develop and deploy services around external/internal APIs and other information sources, and helping build a delivery plan.
- Plan for the restructuring of the front-end app. We are an app on the Shopify App Store at the moment, but we’re planning to expand to other platforms soon.
- Team management and hiring: You will be involved in hiring your own other members of the team and build with a group of skilled people that can quickly deliver quality software into production to scale up what you do, leveraging your skills and experience.
- Estimate work on a weekly basis and communicate with the team via Gitlab.
- Work with a production system, utilising Agile processes such as: code review and CI/CD practices, unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- 4+ years of professional Software Engineering Experience
- Experienced in Python
- Experience in building robust micro-services
- Experience in managing a CI/CD pipeline
- Exposure to a frontend technology
- Used to work with databases
- Good communication in English
Benefits and Perks
- Be part of our remote, dynamic and multi-skilled team
- Opportunity to grow and participate in key decisions
- Competitive salary
- Equity %
- Company laptop
Interested? Apply now!
Please send your CV to email@example.com along with a paragraph explaining what attracts you most to this position. We will get back to you in the following 5 working days to arrange the next steps. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.