Linux Systems Hero in Securealm
Job Published on: January 4th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereWe are a company a large server environment online and we are looking for an outsourced Linux Hero. This will be someone who is passionate about technology and is comfortable wearing multiple hats. The work is done strictly in a headless environment and requires wide exposure to R&D.
- Perform system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems.
- Monitor and maintain system stability.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Support of web and mobile applications maintaining uptime while fielding escalations as part of on-call rotation
- Document configuration and procedures
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Knowledge of administration and troubleshooting of infrastructure applications, such as Apache, BIND, NTP, Squid, MySQL, OpenVPN
- Familiarity with configuration management systems desired
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Lazy enough to automate tasks, smart enough to document them well
Interested? Apply now!
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.