Media and PR Manager in Seedstars
Job Published on: February 5th, 2019
Who we areSeedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars WorldSeedstars World is an exclusive seed-stage startup competition focused on emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes. Our mission is to promote, connect and invest in startups from emerging markets. We host startup events in 70+ countries to boost emerging startup ecosystems, encourage entrepreneurship and source investment opportunities. In each of the cities, we invite one startup to come to Switzerland for a week of mentoring, investor meetings and to pitch to win up to $500k investment from Seedstars. The Seedstars Summit takes place in April each year in Switzerland to determine the best global startup and celebrate entrepreneurship. The event is attended by over 1000 entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, HNWIs and investment professionals.
About the jobYou will work side by side with the different Seedstars teams to manage all the Media and PR related activities and ensure appropriate visibility to all the different services and products of the group in the 70+ countries where we are present.
Your day to day responsibilities include
- Define, control and monitor global communication and media strategy with each team
- Build partnership deals with different media outlets across the globe to facilitate the brand awareness of the Seedstars group
- Coordinate the execution of global prize partnerships and ensure adequate visibility to our partners in media outlets
- Edit press kits and organise press conferences for Seedstars events (local, regional, global)
- Build a network of media/bloggers in the 70+ countries to generate articles and media coverage over the local and regional events
- Coordinate with the Growth Team with regards to Seedstars blog in term of content creation and content distribution
- Strong networking and partnership building skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Previous experience with PR and media specific activities
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership, and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone, be independent and to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Full-time at our main office in Porto, Portugal. Porto + remote working is also an option.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. To apply, please go on our website here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in Virtual assistants, translators & other
|Transcriptionist - Standard Arabic Speakers||January 18th, 2021|
|Transcriptionist - Gulf Arabic Speakers||January 18th, 2021|
|Search Engine Evaluator - Iranian Persian Speakers||January 18th, 2021|