MongoDB Database Architect in Xamplifier
Job Published on: October 25th, 2019
- This role will be responsible for designing, building, scaling our Mongo database to serve our SaaS online analytics platform and related API data services, push reporting, and automated custom data queries.
- The ideal candidate will have both relational and non-relational database experience to help us build and maintain our cloud-based SaaS data stores and complete migration from SQL based legacy platform.
- This role can be based REMOTELY but MUST provide online availability to interface with the Eastern Europe-based development team during their office hours as well as overlap for special events and meetings as needed for the USA team.
- Since this addition will be in coordinating with remote teams on a daily basis, we are looking for candidates with a special emphasis on clarity of communication, professionalism, positivity, and a solution-centric attitude.
- While we don’t require seniority, being well-versed about Mongo administration and database best practices is required -- ongoing learning, creativity, and ambition highly encouraged
Must Haves for Position
- Must be comfortable working non-standard hours to accommodate time overlap with teams in the USA and Eastern Europe
- Minimum 2-3 years working with MongoDB in a professional capacity
- Minimum of 4 years working as a database architect or similar role on development team
- Fluency in English, including speaking and writing about proposed technical solutions for maximum clarity and understanding
- In depth knowledge of modeling/architectural patterns, governance methodologies, and potential limitations within MongoDB
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas
- Experience in DB Migration from RDMS to Mongo
- Design and development experience building a reusable REST API model/framework to consume data from and/or push data into MongoDB (or similar technology)
- Design and development experience building and implementing optimal backup and recovery systems
- Team-centric, solutions-oriented mentality with communications skills to match
- Willingness to mentor other developers in the organization any data related needs
- Willingness to BE mentored by other DBA’s / developers on legacy systems, current practices, and new systems
- Comfort conducting code and query reviews for best data structure, security, and data governance practices
- Extreme attention to detail and data security
Nice to Haves for Position
- Experience and understanding of best data governance practices for the medical industry (HIPAA / GDPR) a plus
- Experience in SaaS for high volume transactional or customer experience data is a plus
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum methodologies and related task ticketing system tools (ex: Jira, Trello, MS Projects)
- Experience with AWS instance/storage design, provisioning and performance monitoring is a plus
- Understanding and implementation of appropriate indexes for performance improvement is a plus
- Understand and implementation of Mongo Management Service for automating a variety of tasks, including backup/recovery and performance management is a plus
- Experiences assisting developers in detecting performance problems using tools similar to MMS and Mongo Profile a plus
- Experience with PHP and scripting a plus
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary Range: 14K - 34K EUR
- Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
- Role: Database Administrator
- Industry: Marketing / Analytics / Software
- Company size: 51–200 people
- Preferred Timezone: (GMT+03:00) Eastern European Time Zone
- Other Perks: - Yearly budget to attend tech conferences on the subject of their choice - Quarterly budget for ongoing learning through online platforms (i.e. Udemy) - Occasional travel to corporate headquarters (Chicago, USA) for meetings and training
About Xamplifier:xAmplifier is more than just immediate customer feedback - it is the tool and interface that makes that feedback actionable, so that businesses can discover the opportunities just waiting for them to act on - the low-hanging fruit - and continually improve their entire customer experience. With our development predicated on user experience, we’ve married big data with easy-to-understand, graphical interfaces, so that CX insights are democratized and actionable across the entire organization. Every company we’ve worked with has seen improvements in their customer experience and digital reputation - driving their revenue and customer acquisition.
Interested? Apply now!Please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "MongoDB Database Architect". You will receive an email within two weeks if you are selected for an evaluation and video interview.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.