September 30th, 2021
From 7,000 US$ - 10,000 US$ per month
||Years of Experience
We are actively recruiting for this position and are excited to have the right person join us soon. While this is a senior leadership position, we are open to a wide range of experience and talent, provided you are able to demonstrate your skill and passion for the role. We hire for strong potential.
We understand and appreciate that the best person for the job may not come from a conventional background. We like individuals that bring something unique to the table and can proudly stand out. We are looking for a leader that can get in the weeds from time to time as much as they can lead the team.
As Engineering Manager, your job is to build the engineering culture, drive execution, and make the right architectural decisions to enable long-term success.
Your first cultural mission is to teach and support the core team of engineers who work at Invisible. Every engineer should be constantly learning and growing. As an experienced engineer and leader, you should be eager to teach your team and coach them to success.
Your second cultural mission is growing the team. Our team currently consists of 7 partner engineers and a dozen more agents and interns. The team will double in the coming year — you must hire the right people at the right time in the right roles.
The first principle of execution is reliable delivery — you honor your commitments. You should set clear expectations for your team’s deliverables and drive to success. The formula for success? Say what you’re going to do, do it, and then let everyone know that it’s done.
The second principle of execution is intelligent prioritization. Your job is to put the puzzle pieces together in a sensible, expedient way. We’re not just building a product or a platform. We’re building a company.
We are always striving to build the right thing. You are a key partner for Product, the most important stakeholder because you know what can be built and what will work.
You should be the soul and conscience of the platform. The ideal candidate has learned from experience that architectural decisions have far-reaching consequences.
- Our platform is TypeScript from top to bottom.
- We believe that a monorepo with micro frontends is the best approach for us.
- We’re avid users of NextJS, React, Prisma, Postgres, NX Workspaces and tRPC.
- We’re always eager to learn and grow and try new technologies.
Invisible Technologies is on a mission to industrialize work by fine-tuning automation and human interaction, powered by our team of Partners and Agents around the world.
We’ve been a globalized, distributed team, since before the pandemic, and we pride ourselves on transparent, effective communication to collaborate and take ownership as needed.
We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds in thought, culture, and experience as we truly believe in the power of unique perspectives challenging the status quo.
If you’ve been waiting to join a company that feels like your own, where you call the shots and are rewarded for intelligent risk-taking, come build the future of work with us.
“The culture is imbued with romantic capitalist values." These are just a few:
- Heroism: Be insanely ambitious, you should want your boss’ job, you have a moral obligation to seek power and use it for good, the modern knight fights abstract dragons, challenge (welcome adversity, struggles, and suffering, steel yourself for the worst, challenge problems to a duel, seek the widest possible stage for your talents, identify and solve for the biggest problem you can find),
- Meritocracy: Create and measure the value you create, strive to be the best, ownership (you are the CEO until told otherwise).
- Collaboration: Solving problems together benefits everyone.
- Competition: If you outperform you will be rewarded.
- Glory: Do the great work of your life, here and now, the work that you were made for, and that you will be remembered for — seek your aristeia moment.
- Truth: Seek the truth, express yourself freely, confront problems head-on, be as transparent as possible, don’t hide the bad and the ugly, stand up for your opinion by engaging in debate, change your mind when you’re wrong.
- Intensity: Work HARD, don’t waste time, the more fully you absorb yourself in your work, the more aggressively you work, the better you work.
Get to know us more:
- For 2021: $96k-110k, Plus Equity
- For 2022: $100-175k, Plus Equity
As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for mission-driven people that are looking to build cool products, take on new challenges, and grow with us, including growing compensation.
Culture at Invisible is super important, and as we scale our team, identifying Invisible DNA early on in our recruitment process is essential to ensure a strong mutual fit.
We'd love to get to know you better and hope you enjoy our short questionnaire to help us determine what sets you apart from other candidates, and how closely your values are aligned with ours. :)
Good luck with the hiring process and if there's a match, we'll be in touch soon!
Benefits and Perks
For 2021: $96k-110k, Plus Equity
Interested? Apply now!
You have until September 30th, 2021 to apply.