Program Support Lead in Microverse
Job Published on: February 11th, 2020
Job Description:We are looking for a Program Support Lead with customer success management experience to report to the Head of Student Success and serve as a key leader in our growing Student Success department. The Student Success team is responsible for answering daily questions related to student relationships, motivation, program information, financial issues, mental health, access to student systems, and much more. Together we work to ensure satisfaction and Program completion for our 100% online, highly diverse student population. We do not succeed unless our students succeed (no really - we don’t get paid until our student’s find a job!), so we provide the support system necessary to solve the challenges our students face and help them progress no matter what. The Program Support Lead helps manage and improve the systems to ensure students are supported using tools such as automated messages and video calls. This is an opportunity to shape an early-stage company and be part of a movement whose goal is to connect millions of people with global opportunities regardless of where they live.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and improve on systems to tag conversations and build up our bank of content for responding quickly to students and connecting them to essential program information.
- Track metrics around the time it takes to respond and solve student issues and create processes to improve these metrics.
- Implement and improve operational processes to support students including re-pairings, Standup Teams, and mentor assignment
- Identify areas of improvement including efficiencies, scalability and training improvements.
- Keep documentation up to date around the most frequent student issues and continually propose new ways to improve upon student support.
- Coordinate with new initiatives that will increase ticket volume and make sure we have a process in place for responding quickly and thoroughly to new student inquiries.
- Help train other team members in operational processes and student communication tools and best practices.
- Spend part of your day handling student communication and helping to solve more difficult student problems.
- Set up, hold and document video conversations with students to 1) help solve problems 2) intervene when student experiences are negative and 3) gather feedback for Microverse.
- Work closely with a Service Designer to improve the student experience
- Provide coverage for periodic calls in both the UTC+1 and UTC-6 program timezones.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 2+ years of customer support experience in a service-oriented company
- Based in Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe or Asia
- Experience managing process improvement initiatives for customer communication in an online learning or related setting
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Efficient, organized and good at prioritizing in an environment with a fast-growing student population
- Active, empathetic communicator who knows how to work autonomously, proactively, and humbly with little oversight
- Familiarity with software development students or similar online learners
- Mission-driven and passionate about helping students succeed
- Have used a customer management tool such as Zendesk
- Have used tools such as Zapier or Integromat to automate processes
- Experience working remotely
- Have prior startup experience
- Have managed people and/or complex systems or processes remotely
- Mention the word river in your application documents
- Are very comfortable on video calls and accustomed to building trust and empathy using this tool
- Have trained others in customer service roles or using similar tools or processes
- Have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Have lived in different cultures or countries
What We Offer:
- Help change the lives of thousands of people from all around the world by helping them start international careers
- Join and shape the direction of a rapidly growing startup backed by Y Combinator and some of the top funds in Silicon Valley
- Become part of a company that is leading the way people collaborate and work remotely, both internally and through the training of our students and partners
- Join the team at company retreats all around the world every year and enjoy our travel allowance to meet with team members anywhere near and far
- Unlimited vacation, a hardware/office setup allowance, learning stipend/tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Work alongside a fully distributed team that lives all around the world and believe in our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
Interested? Apply now!
Note: The application to this position has been closed.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in Customer Support
|Support Agent (Email/Chat) - Antivirus/Anti-Malware||May 13th, 2020|
|Technical Support Representative||May 5th, 2020|
|Dutch Content Moderator||April 26th, 2020|