Project Manager in Microverse
Job Published on: October 16th, 2019
Job DescriptionAt the core of the role, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager (PM) who will be responsible for building solutions so we can combine the best of both worlds - technology and education - to create the most supportive online learning experience at scale. The work will require working with the development and design team for our proprietary software, but also with Student Success, Curriculum, Career Services, and of course, by talking to our students from all around the world and becoming their main cheerleader. Our product is the learning experience for all our students. Some experiences we are developing include:
- Integrating a 3rd party tool with our proprietary software to create an Absence Detection System
- Automating responses to students to make the interactions with the Student Success Team to be more scaleable.
- Systematically detecting collaboration and activity between coding partners during projects and pushing feedback or responses based on detected contribution levels
- A work queue for our Technical Support Engineers to efficiently review and give feedback for every project students create
- Admin tools to more efficiently review data or re-pair coding partners to improve processes and make them more scaleable in preparation for our continued rapid growth
- Creating and implementing plagiarism detection software
- Constantly working towards automations and scalability in every direction possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the owner and driver for projects and initiatives that support continued student success, accountability, support and structure.
- Initiate qualitative and quantitative data gathering by talking to students to shape the right improvements around a shared vision to prioritize feature development.
- Use data to make decisions to build reports and dashboards.
- Be the voice of our students by providing empathy to inspire the teams building out the learner experience
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing software or process improvements, acting as the glue between technical and non-technical teams, or implementer of improvements.
- Experience defining and running an efficient product development process, including backlog management, writing requirements, prioritization, roadmap communication, sprint planning, product requirements, and triage.
- Develop KPIs and agile/development metrics for measuring progress at team and feature levels.
Education, Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager with a technical background working with Agile methodologies
- Experience using analytics and data to inform product decisions and measure post-launch impact
- Track record of effectively prioritizing, communicating and coordinating efforts across teams
- Experience taking new product ideas from zero to one; skilled at iterative sprints
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Tools tools tools! You know tools, or know there is probably an existing tool out there and are not afraid to find it.
- Experience conducting qualitative user interviews and quantitative research to explain and validate findings
- Wireframe new features and work with the designer(s) to transform those into high fidelity designs
- Experience leveraging a wide variety of product-based analytics and a method for balancing instinct and data
- Experience working in a startup (fast-growth environment & technology-focused company)
- Have managed an online learning product
- Have a good eye for design and understand the best practices in software development
- Have worked remotely, especially for a startup
- Will write the word "pineapple" somewhere in your cover letter
- Are located in the UTC-1, UTC+0, UTC+1 or UTC+2 timezone
- Have cross-cultural experience, or have lived in countries other than your home country
- Have experience with SQL
Apply now!Apply on AngelList here. Send us a cover letter telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and the skills that you have according to our job posting. Include the secret word so we know you read the entire job description. :-) Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. NOTE: Our company has competitive and transparent salaries adjusted for cost-of-living in different geographies. Your salary will depend on experience as well as the average cost of living in your area using a custom-made salary calculator for remote-employees.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.