Remote Based QA Team Lead Job Opening at QGenda
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|December 31st, 2022||From 7,000 US$ - 10,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|United States of America (USA)||Agile, Jira, Leadership, quality assurance, Testing Methodologies||4+|
- Title: QA Team Lead
- Classification (FLSA): Exempt
- Position type: Full time
- Reports to: Senior Director of QA
Summary / Objective:
As a QA Team Lead, you will manage a team of talented Quality Assurance Engineers eager to deliver high quality features to our customers and grow their skills along the way. You will play an integral role in the technical and professional growth of your team members by coordinating learning opportunities and mentoring.
In your day-to-day, you will work alongside Development, QA and Product leaders to refine established processes, plan capacity, coordinate resources, and address impediments in order to achieve the scrum team’s sprint commitments. You will oversee the construction and execution of test plans focused on ensuring quality, security, and performance of our features across our web and mobile applications.
Our teams solve challenging problems ranging from automating complex schedules to developing optimized user interfaces for visualizing schedules. If you’re looking to make an impact in healthcare and enjoy tackling these kinds of challenges, we’d love to talk to you!
- Manage a Team of QA Engineers
- Review test plans to ensure completeness and mentor team members on best practices
- Coordinate testing efforts and capacity ensuring scrum teams meet sprint commitments
- Coach and develop QA Engineers by setting SMART goals geared towards professional development
- Conduct bi-annual performance evaluations and monthly 1-on-1’s for your direct reports
- Participate in interviews, hiring, and onboarding efforts to fulfill the growth goals of the company
- Maintain High Quality
- Oversee the test planning and execution strategy for new and existing features on our web and mobile applications
- Assist team with developing written test cases and test plans when necessary
- Track critical issues and coordinate testing efforts while working closely with Development and Product leaders on a resolution
- Explore ways to further improve quality by evaluating and proposing new testing techniques, tools, and processes
- Drive Strong Processes
- Work closely with other QA leaders to drive improvements to our testing processes and tools
- Oversee team member participation in stand-up, planning, and retrospective meetings with the scrum teams
- Ensure security and compliance policies are met by the team
- Oversee and maintain documentation related to testing methodologies and tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4+ years experience as a QA Engineer within an agile development team
- 2+ years managing a QA team
- Experience testing a SaaS web application
- Experience testing iOS and Android mobile applications
- Experience with agile software management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web and mobile applications
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and upbeat personality
- Strong technical writing skills
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- Prior experience with healthcare-related products is a plus
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
Computer-based work environment.
Sitting and standing for extended periods
Lifting of 5 – 10 pounds.
Benefits and Perks
Great Benefits & Culture
- Full Health and Dental (QGenda pays 100% of the individual premiums)
- Cell phone expense reimbursement
- Short-term disability
- Employee-centric work culture
- Work remotely when needed
- 3 “Flex Hours” per week
- Relaxed vacation policy
- Company outings
- Costco membership
- Casual dress
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing software company with hundreds of customers and thousands of users around the world.
QGenda is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until December 31st, 2022 to apply.
QGenda is a remote-friendly software development company!
Please list ‘Remoters’ as the referral source when applying.
Hurry up! The job have had 16 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.