Recruiting Specialist: The Strategist in Avra Talent Partners
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: 40 USD /hr. + commission
- Job Title: Recruiting Specialist: The Strategist
The Company’s missionAVRA Talent Partners is focused on disrupting the traditional recruitment industry through the decentralizing of expertise. This means instead of one recruiter running the full lifecycle on every open role assigned to them, AVRA has dedicated recruiting teams that consist of Coordinators, Interviewers, Headhunters, Domain Experts, all led by a kick-ass Strategist.
Why this role existsPart-project manager, part-recruiter, one hundred percent - extreme-ownership-taker, the Strategist is a key part of what makes AVRA different than a traditional recruiting firm. The Strategist leads a team of 3-5 specialists, each who specialize in one of the five disciplines of hiring, and focuses on helping lead their team to find the best candidate for each open client role.
What’s in it for you?Contribute to the growth of an early stage startup and get to work with a kick-ass team. Enjoy lots of freedom, flexibility and ownership in a remote work environment. Work closely with and learn from a seasoned entrepreneur in an exciting field, with lots of growth potential.
- Minimum 5 years of recruiting (whether in an agency or in-house as the hiring manager), or project management experience.
- Operational or entrepreneurial background
- You will take extreme ownership of your team’s results, with the object of finding the best person for each open role our clients give us.
- You will build out strategies for each open role based on: compensation, the percentage of a population who is employed, what percentage of our search will be inbound, versus outbound, then hold your team accountable for executing.
- You will manage your team’s budget, and ensure that each client team is not going over what has been allotted based on our 50/50 model (more on that later).
- You craft Job Descriptions based on the client needs, working hand-in-hand with Client to understand what these are from in-person communications with the client.
- You brainstorm, research and get curious about ways we can attract the right talent for each open role. You update recruiting strategy as real-world data comes back and work with your team to build the most effective, and efficient, plan.
- You are a General looking at the battlefield and setting the best-laid plan for winning, but, as information comes back on a weekly basis, you’re open to adjusting the game plan to optimize for our clients’ best interest and allow us to find the highest caliber candidates—wherever they may be.
- You will roll up your sleeves and be able to handle any other parts of the hiring process that need handling—from phone screens, to outbound sourcing—then you’ll be able to train your team on the best way to operate
- Entrepreneurial ownership-taker
- Project management
- Strong, yet empathetic, leader who desires to help grow their team into the best each can be
- Warm conversationalist with the ability to probe without being offensive and read between the lines when assessing potential candidates
- Track record of setting strategy to recruit people to join companies, teams, events, etc.
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Strong pattern recognition
- Proficient in “the Google Stack” (e.g. Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linkedin Recruiter
- Proficient use of other job sites: ZipRecruiter, AngelList, Indeed, Monster, etc.
- Strong written English
- Strong verbal English + communication skills
Personal + Professional Attributes
- Creative and very curious, constantly learning and evolving
- Continually learning
- Systems and process driven
- Problem-solver, puzzle-lover: the Strategist lives by the ideal that the right person is out there; it is our job to find them.
- This role requires good availability. You’re online or at least available throughout most business days, and can be responsive to your team on North American time zones.
- This role can be done from anywhere in the world but operating on North American time zones is a must. Good verbal English, and perfect written English is important as well as a strong understanding of the American recruiting and business landscape.
How to Apply
- Please apply directly through this link. Please be advised we do not view any applications unless they go through our portal.