Remote AWS Big Data Engineer in Scopic Software
Job Published on: May 7th, 2020
Job closing date: June 4th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereScopic is seeking a Remote AWS Big Data Engineer to join our team of 250+ professionals across 40 countries. The successful applicant will work with a powerhouse team to develop an innovative big data application.
- Advising on the design of system architecture
- Configuring AWS EMR to ensure optimal performance of jobs written in JAVA
- Optimizing Apache Hadoop and Spark for performance
- Maintaining Hadoop clusters
- Troubleshooting Apache Spark running on multi-node clusters and distributed data processing framework
Why Work With Scopic Software?
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload
- Flexible payment options in $US – salaried and hourly positions available
- Annual pay increases for good performance
- Paid training and other professional growth opportunities
- International travel opportunities (not required)
- Interesting, challenging projects using the latest technologies
- 5+ years of professional DevOps experience
- Significant experience with Apache Spark streaming and batch framework
- Experience managing large-scale data streaming pipelines with Hadoop
- Experience in system architecture design
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture and data standards (e.g. JSON)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Intermediate-level spoken and written English
- Bachelors degree or higher, Masters degree preferred
Compensation:Depending on skills and experience. This is a full-time, home-based position. Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.