Senior Associate, SEO in Pillar 4 Media
Salary Range: More than 5,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: January 12th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Country(ies): United States of America (USA)
Years of Experience: 2+
The OpportunityPillar Four Media is seeking a Senior Associate, SEO to join its fast-growing team. As a member of the SEO team, you’ll work closely with our senior leadership, as well as other functional team members, to ensure strong, sustainable organic traffic growth for a Pillar Four Media property. Our vision for Pillar Four is to build the #1 content and commerce engine connecting consumers directly to the best brands in all four pillars of health and wellness: sleep, fitness, nutrition, and mental health. Our mission is to help people live their best days, starting with their best night’s sleep. Reporting to the Director, SEO, you will:
- Experience the intersection of digital marketing, analytics, finance, and other key business areas.
- Learn our business and have a big impact. Senior Associates who excel can quickly earn increased responsibility. With experience, Senior Associates can grow into SEO leaders for entire verticals of our business.
The Senior Associate, SEO will:
- Lead SEO strategy and execution for a Pillar Four Media property.
- Drive content strategy in close collaboration with the editorial and video team. Conduct keyword research and competitive gap analysis to inform strategic content plays including new content opportunities and existing content optimizations that grow traffic, viewership, and business value on relevant, high-value topics.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to identify authority gaps and partner with Promotions Associates and Strategists to execute on campaigns to close those gaps.
- Identify and execute on technical site strategies and improvements in close collaboration with development, design, and other functional stakeholders.
- Research, test, and evaluate on-page and off-page experiments with intentionality and rigor.
- Measure and report on site performance. Find deep insights on content, revenue, links, and technical performance metrics and make proactive, data-driven decisions to improve our visibility in search and drive the P&L.
- Influence and execute on other key business initiatives such as channel expansion and M&A diligence, vetting, and integration.
- Recruit the team, provide outstanding leadership, and create a positive culture.
What Your Resume ShowsA strong analytical skillset and entrepreneurial drive:
- 2-4 years of work experience in an SEO specialist, associate, and/or manager role. Agency or in-house.
- Comfort with measuring, interpreting, and making real-time decisions based on large volumes of data.
- Ability to build spreadsheet models, conducting ROI analysis, and presenting data and recommendations to senior team members on a regular basis.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets; competency in advanced statistical tools and data visualization tools a plus.
- Intermediate/advanced experience with tools including (but not limited to): Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, Sitebulb, Ahrefs, SEMRush.
- Deep collaboration with several functional groups including: editorial, promotions/outreach, development, design, CRO, and others.
- Desire for a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Competitive drive and a hunger to learn.
What it TakesPillar Four an early-stage, fast-growing company – so we all get our hands dirty. Important competencies include:
- Openness to feedback and collaboration. You’ll be working closely with folks across different teams, so you’ll need to be open to the process and accepting of feedback and critique.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, report up to internal stakeholders, and foster strong alignment with your team.
- Pillar Four Culture buy-in: Act with Focus, Get After It, Build the Team, and Grow Without Limits – those are our values, and we expect you to live them every day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: we act like entrepreneurs. Our team members are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
Why You Should Join Us
- Results: Pillar Four has built the #1 digital media company in the sleep health and hygiene space and is profitably expanding into fitness, nutrition, and mental health verticals.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of “forever,” and have significant cash to invest – we’re “rock solid” financially.
- Exposure: You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed hundreds of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Market Landscape: The $4 trillion health and wellness market is a highly relatable industry that is transforming. There’s no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career Growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning: We are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Impact Focused: Opportunities to take part in our quarterly initiatives with organizations like Beds for Kids and The Green Chair Project and help respond to the critical needs of our local communities.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
Background on Pillar4 MediaLaunched in the fall of 2017, Pillar4 Media operates a portfolio of websites that help consumers live their best days, starting with their best night’s sleep. Known internally as the “Dream Team,” we aim to educate consumers about whole body health and wellness and help them make better, faster purchase decisions to improve their health. We also partner with the leading direct-to-consumer brands in our markets to grow their businesses online. Pillar Four has operations in Charlotte, Raleigh, NYC, and Austin and teammates stretching to Portland. Our current Pillar Four Media portfolio includes:
- MattressAdvisor.com, launched in October 2017.
- MattressNerd.com, acquired in September 2018.
- Sleepopolis.com, acquired in May 2020.
- MattressClarity.com, acquired in May 2020.
- Partnerships with large media brands such as Health, Shape, Better Homes and Gardens, Parade, This Old House, The Sleep Doctor, US-Mattress, and others.
Benefits and Perks
Interested? Apply now!
Please apply through LinkedIn postings under Pillar4 Media, Sr Associate SEO.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in SEO - Search Engine Optimization
|Search Engine Optimization Director Coordinator||January 22nd, 2021|
|SEO Manager (Flexible within UK)||January 20th, 2021|
|Technical SEO Specialist - UK Based (Flexible Location)||January 20th, 2021|