Senior Backend Engineer in Busuu
Job Published on: November 12th, 2020
Available to applicants based in Country(ies): SpainAt Busuu we have just overcome 100-Million users worldwide and shown that learning a language can be done outside of a classroom. Technology brings learning into our private and business space and to keep us ahead of our competitors, we are looking for motivated talent who will help us reach our next milestone. Working at that scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, so we are looking for someone who wants to become a better version of themself and master the challenge together with us. We want to grow not only into new markets, but also with new features and tools for our social network. We are looking for passionate people who honestly love solving problems, by questioning the status quo and eager to build a legacy with Busuu. As a Senior Backend Engineer we have great things to come into your area of responsibilities. You will work with other Engineering Members in building scalable services, which will operate across different Data Centers. The focus will be set on our Internal product area, building eg. tools for our teachers
What makes an amazing Senior Backend Engineer at Busuu?
- Excellent knowledge of one backend oriented language, we use PHP and NodeJS but any other are good as well (Python, Ruby...)
- Experience in data modelling using relational and non-relational databases (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB).
- Solid knowledge of API design, RESTFul or gRPC.
- Experience with SOLID, Design Patterns
- Experience working with legacy code base and its transition into Microservice Architecture
- Familiar with agile methodologies as scrum, kanban
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as needed.
- Be able to design and build scalable services and how to test them.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Event/Stream architecture
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?We are looking for talented people, if you don’t live in Madrid, you can still work with us in a remote position, regular visits to Madrid with your team are required as you will be based in our new Madrid Office and you have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits, when Covid permits. At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
What happens nextWe aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for a Senior Fullstack Engineer has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.