Remote Based Senior Backend Engineer (Golang) Job Opening at Syntropy
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|December 1st, 2022||From 7,000 US$ - 10,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Estonia||English, Go, docker, GoLang||5+|
Syntropy stack is a self-service solution that enables engineers to set up secure connectivity across all their endpoints in just a few clicks. If teams need to connect thousands of their endpoints, they can do so using our software agent in combination with container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes and configuration tools like Ansible.
Once devices are connected, Syntropy controller automatically routes packets via the best possible path using our smart routing tech and leveraging all major cloud networks at once to form segmented flat networks. On top of this, we provide clear visibility and performance insights into each connection using our network management tool.
Digging more into the tech behind all of this, currently, most of our backend is written in Python, Node.js, and Go (which we intend to increase!)
The infrastructure is running on multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud just to name a few, and Bare Metal servers), and is administered completely programmatically, via Syntropy Stack with integrations to Nomad and Terraform. We’re using the most modern up-to-date services — Storage, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Monitoring, Logging, SQL, Pub/Sub, etc. Most of the code is deployed in containers on the Kubernetes cluster on GCP Kubernetes Engine.
The test automation uses tools like Testify (unit/integration), Docker-Compose (integration), Cypress (e2e). The entire development and deployment pipeline is chained together with GitHub, GCP Cloud Build, Container Registry, and Kubernetes Engine.
About this role
Syntropy is seeking a highly experienced and enthusiastic Senior Go developer to join us on a mission to build best-in-class Internet Technology products changing the world. You will be challenged to design and build highly scalable microservices in a modern infrastructure environment as well as oversee software architecture and apply the best development practices. We’re moving fast, so expect high dynamics and no love for the legacy code/design here.
This role combines both hands-on development and plenty of strategic decisions that must enable us to scale quickly. Being here you have clear growth paths to Lead Engineer as the company and technology organization achieves its targets and grows.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Liaise with Product Officers and Leads to determine software needs for the future and determine whether software systems have enough quality to meet their current operational goals.
- Analyze and make the forward-looking technological decisions to be applied in our products.
- Ensure that the selected technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely.
- Work hand in hand with System Architects, DevOps, and your development team to produce effective software systems.
- Writing scalable and reliable code for Next-Gen Internet connectivity platform which is capable of scaling to millions of agents served worldwide over years to come.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- Utilize and monitor internal performance monitoring for continuous improvement in code quality and delivery
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Extensive backend development experience (7+ years)
- Extensive, recent hands-on experience developing software products in Go
- Proficient understanding of code versioning in Git
- Solid understanding of design principles and creating clear, secure, and predictable APIs
- Experience architecting and developing large-scale, microservice systems
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab) pipelines
- Experience with Docker, Linux, SQL, ElasticSearch, WebSockets, REST APIs
- Ability working with remote teams
- A genuine interest in the latest innovations in the field and just being a technology enthusiast is a must
- Hands-on experience in Rust is a strong bonus
- Experience with DevOps and Kubernetes is a strong bonus
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP stack is a strong bonus
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralized application development is a strong bonus
- Experience using high-load, high-performant systems involving multithreading is a strong bonus
- Understanding of TypeScript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, NATS, Messaging Queues (RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka) would help you to hit the ground running
Benefits and Perks
- Problems you’re proud to tackle and solve
- Work in a team of experts in the Networking and Software Engineering field
- Be part of a dynamic and distributed startup team
- Enjoy flexible working hours (office & remote work)
- Possibility to grow into different roles and become a long-term member of the team
- Fair compensation based on experience and talent
- Innovative compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as a bonus)
Interested? Apply now!
You have until December 1st, 2022 to apply.
Hurry up! The job have had 10 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Recommended Similar Software Engineering & Web Development Jobs
|Latest Jobs||Application Deadline|
|Remote Intermediate+ Full-stack Node.js/React Developer||August 5th, 2022|
|Remote Senior Full-stack JS Developer||August 5th, 2022|
|Remote React Native Developer||August 4th, 2022|
|Remote Junior Web Developer||August 3rd, 2022|
|Manual Quality Assurance Specialist||July 31st, 2022|