Senior Big Data Developer in Kantar
Job Published on: February 17th, 2021
Job closing date: February 28th, 2021
Available to applicants based in Country(ies): Portugal
Important skills: Agile, Big Data, Databricks, Machine Learning, Python
Years of Experience: 2+
At Kantar, we are looking for a Senior Big Data Developer to join our development team engaged in delivering a key global shopper analytics platform - Worldpanel Plus (Shoppix App), a key element of our business strategy. Joining us you will have an opportunity to be part of the company’s exciting vision for the future delivering a challenging technology roadmap. With a focus on advanced data processing platforms, you and your team will enable a transition to a new digitally focused cloud environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for data modeling, data scraping, ETL, scripting, and analysis. You will also analyse and investigate process failures providing timely, accurate, and robust solutions or workarounds. Working as an integrated part of the core development team, you will be responsible for making sure that they accurately troubleshoot, isolate and manage any ETL issues. When required, this will include coordinating with senior technical and business analysts to find simple solutions to complex issues.
- Be responsible for the delivery of tested, high-quality code
- Build suitable automation test suites within Azure DevOps
- Maintain and update automation test suites and carry out manual testing, load testing, exploratory testing as required
- Manage proactively data quality issues, identifying the root cause of data-related issues as well as providing and implementing solutions to prevent similar issues in the future
- Partner with key stakeholders to facilitate iterations with the database
- Migrate data feeds from legacy system to the new platforms
- Act as a Mentor for Junior Data Developers to help them consistently achieve sprint goals and assist in the estimation of sprint-by-sprint stories and tasks
- Adhere to the company’s development standards and best practices as defined by the Data Team
- Perform continuous data monitoring ensuring an efficient remediation process and proactively take a responsible approach to product delivery
- Communicate to customers and issue escalation to relevant tech departments
- STEM Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Python in Windows environments
- Experience working in support focused role building, designing, configuring medium to large scale Hadoop environments
- Knowledge/experience of ETL data pipelines working with large volumes of continuous data.
- Knowledge of Big Data Frameworks
- Sound understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Ability to work with DevOps pipeline, preferably Azure DevOps
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud is advantageous
- An agile approach and an ability to move between multiple tasks and take on and increasing level of responsibility
- Knowledge/experience with Apache Spark, PySpark, Databricks
- Interest in AI and Machine Learning techniques
- Great organisational skills with the right level of creativity.
- Critical thinking and collaborative leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Eager to learn and explore new solutions and technologies
- Fluent in English (other languages are advantageous)
- Eligible to work in Portugal without sponsorship
Kantar Worldpanel is the world leader in consumer knowledge and insights based on continuous consumer panels. Combining market monitoring and tailored market research solutions, we deliver both the big picture and the fine detail that inspire successful actions by our clients. Advanced analytics is the driving engine of global growth within Kantar and along with our expertise about what people buy or use – and why – has become the market currency for brand owners, retailers, market analysts, and organisations internationally.
Benefits and Perks
What we offer
A challenging position within a fast-growing, dynamic, and innovative company working in an international role. The opportunity allows for growth and choice in multiple career paths based on your interests with a huge scope of personal and professional development.
Kantar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.