Senior Full-Stack Developer in OCCRP
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|Applications are closed||From 3,000 US$ - 5,000 US$ per month||Project|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
Job DescriptionWe’re looking for an adaptable and creative web developer with experience in a small team and excellent interpersonal skills to lead on taking our website and digital products to the next level.
- Implementing interactive storytelling experiences to showcase our journalism in new and innovative ways.
- Architecting and developing features for the front and back-end of the website, prioritizing performance, maintainability, readability and overall code quality.
- Supporting other members of the web development team on technical issues.
- Working with the web team to propose, build, and deliver dynamic and adaptable solutions to day-to-day editorial challenges.
- Owning and improving the web development environment to unlock productivity for the whole team.
- Working to improve the website for our users, and stakeholders, including potentially conducting user research and prioritizing stakeholder feedback.
- Constantly striving for excellence by bringing innovative ideas and new technologies and processes to the web team.
Technical skills required:
- Proven technical expertise (5 years+ is ideal) in various areas of web development and a track record of successful project delivery.
- Experience developing with modern, clean PHP on a web application or CMS.
- Experience using distributed source-control such as Git.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Ability to advocate for clean, readable, maintainable, documented code within a multi-person team.
Soft skills required:
- Proven collaboration and communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to mentor/advise other team members to help them grow.
- Proven ability to navigate cross-organization boundaries and build strong relationships with other engineering teams.
- Ability to improve team productivity by helping motivate the team and create buy-in for technical changes to improve overall performance.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver projects to realistic deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and spoken.
- Experience building apps using a headless CMS or consumption of a content API (Wordpress Rest API would be ideal).
- Experience developing features for a PHP-based CMS (e.g Wordpress) using modern development techniques.
- Experience working in a security-first environment.
- Experience designing and implementing code-review processes and continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.