Senior Java Developer in Bonfire
Bonfire.com is transforming the way people buy and sell high quality custom apparel. As a leading online fundraising site, we’ve helped thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom shirts. We are looking to hire a Java Spring Developer. Don’t like HTML or CSS? Great! You will be working on our REST API and Angular frontend. HTML/CSS will be handled for you. We are looking for a long-term relationship and committed individuals to join our team.
- You can work on a feature from start to finish, communicate about it and ask the right questions.
- You are comfortable with Java and can confidently write code and see it deployed to production servers.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Spring (Boot). Alternatively, you are eager to read a book or two on it quickly and feign years of experience during the interview 🙂
- SQL comes naturally to you and you understand how JPA/Hibernate works.
- You are not afraid to SSH into a server and change some configuration files.
- Your English is proficient.
- Senior Java developer is responsible for implementing new features, fixing bugs and improving and refactoring code.
- Most of what we do is web related – many tasks will ask you to implement REST endpoints to achieve some business objectives and connect the dots on the web.
- Many tasks are not strictly web related and may challenge you in other ways (e.g. data analytics, network communication, database optimization, etc.).
- You will have a lot of independence and agency while working, but you will communicate with other colleagues daily and often work with them directly to solve coding issues