Remote Based Senior QA Engineer Job Opening at QGenda
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|December 31st, 2022||From 7,000 US$ - 10,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|United States of America (USA)||Agile, Scrum, Jira, Testing, quality assurance||4+|
- Title: Senior QA Engineer
- Classification (FLSA): Exempt
- Position type: Full time
- Reports to: Director of Software Development
Summary / Objective:
In your role as a Senior QA Engineer, you will be a testing subject matter expert on your scrum team and ensure we release high-quality software with minimal defects. You will work closely with Development and Product leaders on refining the project scope and proposing testing strategies. You will utilize your understanding of customer use cases and the technical functionality of the application in order to construct thorough test cases, troubleshoot complex issues, and provide guidance to others on the team.
Our Senior QA Engineers bring a quality-focused mindset to the scrum teams and promote thorough testing practices, which allow us to maintain a strong track record of delivering high quality software on every release. Our teams solve challenging problems ranging from automating complex schedules to developing optimized user interfaces for visualizing schedules. If tackling these kinds of challenges sounds interesting, we’d love to talk to you!
- Work with Development & Product Leadership in early stages of feature planning to help shape the product and establish a testing strategy
- Be a testing subject matter expert on specific features and functionality of QGenda
- Build test strategies for product features, write and execute test plans, and review testing results
- Provide a daily state-of-testing update to the scrum team and Dev/QA leaders, communicating any issues that pose a risk to timely and high-quality delivery
- Work closely with automation engineers to ensure quality and thoroughness of tests
- Build, review, and execute regression tests on every release
- Triage inbound critical defects and work closely with the team to reproduce issues
- Offer solutions and improvements to our test methodology and processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience testing a SaaS web application
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web and mobile applications
- Experience testing iOS and Android applications
- Experience with agile software management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with test automation is a plus
- Experience mentoring or coaching is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and upbeat personality
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years experience as a QA engineer within an agile development team
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
Computer-based work environment.
Sitting and standing for extended periods
Lifting of 5 – 10 pounds.
Benefits and Perks
Great Benefits & Culture
- Full Health and Dental (QGenda pays 100% of the individual premiums)
- Cell phone expense reimbursement
- Short-term disability
- Employee-centric work culture
- Work remotely when needed
- 3 “Flex Hours” per week
- Relaxed vacation policy
- Company outings
- Costco membership
- Casual dress
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing software company with hundreds of customers and thousands of users around the world.
QGenda is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until December 31st, 2022 to apply.
Qgenda is a remote-friendly software development company!
Please list ‘Remoters’ as the referral source when applying.
Hurry up! The job have had 21 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.