Senior Security Engineer at QGenda
|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|December 31st, 2022||From 7,000 US$ - 10,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|United States of America (USA)||DevOps, Automation, network monitoring, security risk mitigation, network security||3+|
- Title: Senior Security Engineer
- Classification (FLSA): Exempt
- Position type: Full time
- Reports to: Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Summary / Objective:
QGenda is a fast growing Atlanta-based healthcare software company, with an amazing corporate culture, where we strive to be the best place to be a customer. Our software is used by thousands of hospital departments around the world to automatically generate the most optimized physician work schedules to accommodate complex business rules and accurately schedule the appropriate medical provider based on their skill level, specialty, availability, and preferences.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work with our Product Development Team to ensure high security across our product lines, monitoring and mitigating security risks, and evangelizing security best practices. You’ll own the system inventory and coordinate vulnerability testing of all systems using both internal tools and external vendors. You’ll provide the security perspective on various projects and compile a quarterly cyber security report for our Executive Team.
- Ensure High Security Across the Organization
- Configure and maintain software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Assist with complex projects and ongoing support of security operations.
- Report on security vulnerabilities in software and infrastructure.
- Coordination the remediation patching of vulnerabilities.
- Automate security improvements using scripting languages or tools
- Aggressively Monitor and Mitigate Security Risks
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to leadership.
- Identify security measures to improve incident response.
- Assist with Compliance Programs and Controls
- Conduct periodic vulnerability assessments, both internal and external with our 3rd party compliance vendor.
- Own software and cloud infrastructure inventory.
- Compile results of Security Assessments to report to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Evangelize Security Best Practices
- Educate and train employees on information system security best practices.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of our company information security strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux patch management and related information security functions
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Should possess knowledge of the implementation of risk assessment techniques and the latest security best practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps Automation tools
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
- Computer-based work environment.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods
- Lifting of 5 – 10 pounds
Benefits and Perks
Great Benefits & Culture
- Full Health and Dental (QGenda pays 100% of the individual premiums)
- Cell phone expense reimbursement
- Short-term disability
- Employee-centric work culture
- Work remotely when needed
- 3 “Flex Hours” per week
- Relaxed vacation policy
- Company outings
- Costco membership
- Casual dress
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing software company with hundreds of customers and thousands of users around the world.
QGenda is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until December 31st, 2022 to apply.
Thanks for your interest in QGenda, we are a remote-friendly software development company!
Please list ‘Remoters’ as the referral source when applying!
Hurry up! The job have had 12 applications clicks so far
Not ready to apply? Receive jobs like this in your e-mail. Subscribe to job alerts!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.