Site Reliability Engineer in Rock Content
Job Published on: October 20th, 2020
Job closing date: October 30th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: Anywhere
- Designing and deploying applications on the cloud environments
- Responsible for systems availability and defining SLAs
- Implementing and improving monitoring systems
- Run our infrastructure with Chef, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Be on a on-call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining incident response processes
- Identifying and using appropriate cloud services to support applications on the cloud
- Migrating applications of the organization between different cloud providers
- Maintaining the usage of cloud services and implementing cost-saving strategiesIdentifying potential bottlenecks in applications’ performance
- Strategizing a recovery plan to compensate for possible downtime or failure scenarios
- Managing network-related workloads including DNS and firewalls
- Identifying the best practices of cloud architecture to support applications
- Building software to help operations and support teams
- Completed Computer Science, Business Information Systems degree or relevant work experience;
- 5+ years of experience working with a Cloud Provider such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with designing, planning, implementing and maintaining cloud environments
- Strong programming skills - Ruby, Python and/or GoHave experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Work experience with config management systems like Terraform
- Experience identifying and implementing security policies in a cloud environmentYou have experience scaling distributed systems horizontallyv;
- Advanced or fluent English skills;
- Good communication;
- Being accountable and results oriented;
- Be a teamplayer;
- Flexible hours;
- Health insurance;
- Dental insurance;
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.