Sports Editor / Content Manager in BetUs
Job Published on: February 6th, 2020
- Arrange and supervise sports coverage; ensure that reporting is attentive to detail, consistently accurate, delivered with high quality under constant deadlines, and edited to conform with accepted journalistic techniques, ethical standards and the style of the publication
- Write quality content for our clients that will encourage them to get excited about that next game or event.
- Directly supervise our in-house and remote writers
- Provide continual feedback to employees on their performance and complete formal annual performance reviews
- Set a strategic course for the department that prioritizes digital development, grows audience, readership and digital subscriptions, and fulfills current company goals.
- Apply creativity and independent judgment to staff management, story generation, visual element generation, and the presentation of news and information in the most relevant, interesting way
- Manage budgets and plan annually and monthly spending reports
- Represent the department internally and externally and communicate the departmental mission, direction and strategic future
- Effectively manage change and crises, inspire the staff to quality and maximum productivity, and minimize legal exposure
- Ensure that the department meets digital and print production deadlines and maintains ideal story flow
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 2 years of editing or management experience at a news publication or website
- Knowledge and commitment to the company’s mission and strategy
- Ability to foster excellent communication with peers, supervisors, and department heads
- Maintaining up-to-date skills on various digital platforms and keeping abreast of current events in sports and news and culture topics
Interested? Apply now!
Please submit your resume detailing and a cover letter detailing your experience and explaining why you would be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in Content & Copywriting
|Native Japanese Proofreader/Editor for Casino/Gambling Industry||May 16th, 2020|
|Native Dutch Content Writer for Casino/Gambling Industry||May 13th, 2020|
|Native Swedish Proofreader/Editor for Casino/Gambling Industry||May 1st, 2020|