Startup Competition Global Coordinator in Seedstars
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: December 11th, 2018
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereDo you want to work in an impact driven startup while overseeing the global operations of the largest startup competition in emerging markets? Who we are Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs. About Seedstars World Pitching Events Seedstars World is the world's largest startup competition in emerging markets. It has been six years now that Seedstars team takes off every year for a nine-month world tour and scouts for the best early-stage startups in 65+ countries, organizing 100+ events. One winner is selected to represent each country visited, and is invited to attend one of the five Regional Summits, reuniting all local winners of each region to network with regional investors, mentors and corporates. Local winners are also awarded the chance to represent their countries at the Seedstars Summit, the competition final happening in Switzerland, where startups compete for up to one million dollars in investment. About the job You will be responsible for coordinating the regional team of 10+ people responsible for executing the individual pitching events, ensuring the events are consistent across all the 90+ locations and delivered in the best possible quality. You will play the central role of learning the best practices of each location and coordinate with each regional team to apply them and generate new operational best practices. Key responsibilities
- Hiring and managing the team to execute the local events across 5 continents
- Monitoring the KPIs related to the events, identifying the key challenges the teams are facing and coming up with actionable solutions
- Providing advice and support to the teams on a continuous basis
- Suggesting improvements to the event execution, to make sure the events are of best possible quality
- You have strong operations and logistics experience, ideally in the conference, hospitality or co-working industry
- You are detail oriented and self-driven
- You are action oriented, and can provide immediate support to your team when required
- You have a people person, ideally with previous management experience
- You are flexible, with international exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- We are on on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by an amazing and diverse team.
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in Virtual assistants, translators & other
|Transcriptionist - Standard Arabic Speakers||January 18th, 2021|
|Transcriptionist - Gulf Arabic Speakers||January 18th, 2021|
|Search Engine Evaluator - Iranian Persian Speakers||January 18th, 2021|