Systems Engineer (Remote GMT – GMT+2 Europe Required) in C4Media
Job Published on: March 12th, 2020
Job closing date: March 26th, 2020
The RoleYou will be working collaboratively with the development teams of InfoQ and QCon and lead the effort of evolving our cloud infrastructure to meet the needs of our products by:
- Developing, managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools in our cloud infrastructure and legacy data center
- Supporting with the cloud transition from the legacy data center
- Ensuring systems and infrastructure availability
- Proactively participating in the design of our infrastructure
- Evolving and maintaining our cloud infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining automation around infrastructure provisioning
- Managing and monitoring all existing systems
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Developing and maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies
RequirementsTo be qualified, you need to have practical experience in the field and possess the following mandatory skills:
- Solid AWS experience (e.g. EC2, RDS, DB clusters, VPC, ELB, CloudFormation, SQS, ElastiCache, etc)
- Networking knowledge
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Experience with the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Apache, Tomcat)
- Scripting skills (e.g. shell scripts)
- Database administration knowledge (mainly MySQL / MariaDB)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Grafana, Kibana, Nagios, ELK)
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet)
- Automation software (e.g. Jenkins)
- Extended scripting skills (Groovy)
- Proxy servers (HAProxy)
- Virtualization / containerization
- Join our Great Culture and an amazing global team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and backgrounds worldwide.
- Established, Growing Company. C4Media has been around since 2007 (12 years) and is a financially stable, growing company based out of Toronto, Canada.
- Work 100% Remotely. Your home-base can be anywhere in Europe. 100% of our staff work from home. (Please note that Europe GMT to GMT+2 is a requirement and we will not be able to accept applications outside of this geography.)
- Paid Time Off. We provide 25 paid days/calendar year in the 1st year and 30 paid days thereafter (inclusive of local public holidays).
- 4.5 Day Work-Week. The staff in Canada and the Americas takes Friday afternoons off.
- Keep Learning. We offer up to $2,500 reimbursement & 5 paid days off for qualified continuing education related to your career path.
- Have-A-Great-Life Vacation. We offer a $500-$1,000 annual contribution towards a qualified “experience vacation”
- Paid Sabbaticals. Every 5 years, full-time staff qualifies for paid sabbaticals of up to 2 months.
- Home Office Equipment. After a few months with us, we financially support some of the things that make your home office more comfortable & productive (ergonomic desks & chairs, external monitors, newer laptops, head-sets).
- Annual Company Meeting. Come and visit a new country with us every year!
- * Benefits subject to change and local laws.
- Conference homepage
- San Francisco 2019 edition
- Photos from our events
- The QCon experience (video)
- Social pages: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Events Code of Conduct
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Company profile on Glassdoor
- Corporate careers page
Interested? Apply now!
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.