Tech Lead Product in Caravelo
Job Published on: October 14th, 2020
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereImagine yourself working at a successful enterprise SaaS scaleup, part of a young and bright team in Barcelona. Caravelo’s ambition is to become the preferred digital partner for airlines worldwide, bringing airlines and passengers closer together to drive profitability and foster better engagement throughout the customer lifecycle. Our SaaS platform is used by global airlines including Air Asia, LATAM, Finnair, Eurowings, and TAP Portugal amongst others, to grow revenues, deliver a better customer service through automation and improve their competitive position. Are you an experienced Tech Lead that wants to be part of a revolutionary SaaS company and help create innovative products for the industry, working with some of the newest development technologies? At Caravelo we’re looking to grow our tech team.
Tech Lead ProductThis role is responsible for leading the company product development initiatives, defining and overseeing technical designs and implementations by the development teams, performing technical quality assurance and coordinating with Product Managers and Product Specialists to manage product feature requests and product roadmap implementations, and to ensure effective and smooth product development workflows.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Extend existing product lines, support new business domains and use cases with analysis and implementation.
- Analyze technical implementations and create UML diagrams (use case, sequence).
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Good estimation of complexity and delivery time.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Mentor and train other developers.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Participate in team performance reviews along with the CTO.
- Cooperate with other tech leads and software architects in general platform architecture tasks.
- Good estimation of technical debt, detecting current debt but also when we are generating more of it. Actively propose improvements.
- Create technical documentation both for implementation and training purposes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in architecturing software solutions, ideally with SaaS or e-commerce platforms, estimating development efforts and evaluating technical complexity to ease future developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field would be advantageous.
- Highly analytical and fully independent, goal driven person.
- Design patterns and web services, client/server architectures and APIs implementation and consumption.
- Effective project management abilities in order to successfully oversee an organization's information technology business initiatives.
- Experience with Java 8 or 11 is highly desirable.
- A strong background in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or devops in general is highly desirable.
- Adhering to clean code, KISS, quality assurance and continuous improvement principles is a must.
- Hands-on coding.
- Strong communication skills, also well spoken and written English is mandatory.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits paid from the gross salary (Private health insurance, Transport check, Food check, Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours & Fridays intensive
- An office in the heart of Barcelona with great views of the city. Until local government and health professionals say it is safe to work from the office in Barcelona, Caravelo will allow you 100% remote working
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and ambitious company in an exciting environment
- There are opportunities for international career progression within the organization
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result.
Interested? Apply now!
Send your application (CV and online repo -like Github-) here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.
Other similar jobs in Software Engineering & Web Development
|Video Data Collection For Luxembourgish Speakers In Luxembourg||October 24th, 2020|
|PHP Developer (Intermediate+)||October 24th, 2020|
|Senior full-stack developer||October 22nd, 2020|